32. Meanwhile, In a corner of the world..

Third person

"Yoo..bish.. here you are.." Mayera walked into the classrrom of LKG B-section and saw Ahaana kneeling over little Razaan helping him with his lunch box..

"shush Mayera.. where else am I supposed to be and girl mind your language.." Ahaana whisper scolded her..

Mayera shrugged and went back and seated herself in Ahaana's chair and started digging in her lunch..

"okay kiddies.. look here.." Ahaana clapped gaining the attention of all the tiny pairs of eyes in the room..

"who are my heroes?" she faked thinking..

"we.. we.. we..." the kids chorused back..

"what do my heroes do?"..

"we fill our tummy" they shouted back..

"yaaaayyyyy serviettes laid out??" she sang..

"yeeesssss"

"lunch boxes out?"

"yesss.."

"so say with me.. Bismillah wa'ala Barakathilla.."

"yaayyyyyy.." she clapped along with the excited kids and sat at her table pulling out an extra chair she kept knowing Mayera..

"Ahaana miss.. the lunch period isn't only for the kids but for the teachers too" Mayera mocked in a childish voice..

"I am not hungry.." Ahaana shrugged her off..

"you know Ahaana.. your unbelievable.." she snapped making her smile..

Mayera kept staring at Ahaana who was helping little Nihla with her lunch.. Ahaana never stopped working.. from the moment she entered the school she would be with wheels tied to her legs. the kids couldn't survive a day without her neither could she..

They have been working together since 4 years and both of them had developed a loving bond.. Ahaana was 5 years Mayera's senior and both of them were in charge for the kindergarten. Mayera loved Ahaana to bits yet she literally knew next to nothing. About her where is she from and where her family is but she knew there was something more to this hard working silent face visible yet she never dared to question. she loved the way how she was always there for her and the way she could be herself with her irrespective of her being her senior.. sometimes her zoning out and lack on conversation and lack of care on herself annoyed her cause Mayera was a die hard foodie who couldn't stand silence and she loved her own self while Ahaana seemed to willingly drown herself in it and never seemed to care about her self.. for her,all that mattered was her job and her whole world revolved around it... but either way she loved Ahaana for being herself and Ahaana saw the little annoying girl as one soul she could trust in this vile world..

"here have some.. You know I could spare you a spoon or two" Mayera extended the spoon winking while Ahaana silently shook her head and laid back in her chair closing her eyes making Mayera scowl..

she looked at the kiddies and smirked inwardly.. "so kiddies.. she started in a shrill voice extending a spoon full of rice to Ahaana..

"who is our good girl?"

"Ahaana miss" the chorused back playing perfectly fine..

"Ahaana jolted out of her chair is confusion and glared at Mayera who gave her a puppy face.. she had no way out but to accept it..

"so kids who finishes their food properly?" she extended the second spoon..

"Ahaana miss"

"so whom do we love..?"