3/4 Of The Band

The day after Adam and Ross had come over to Matty's, he had gone into school and asked Elliot if he wanted to sing in the band. Elliot said yes and asked if Owen could also play guitar.

After everyone met, we all quickly became friends. I was the trusty audience member who would cheer them on during rehearsals and give honest feedback. It had been a few months since the band had started and here we were, as usual, sat in the cabin.

The drums soon stop as Elliot shares a look with Matty, everyone following suite. Elliot speaks up first "I reckon we are shit." he said matter-of-factly, instead of the grunting I had anticipated from the other lads they all started laughing.

They kept laughing at the situation of the band until they stopped and Owen replied "Yeah we are." Matty and Ross both looked at me in sync and rolled their eyes which sent me into a fit of silent laughter.
I knew my friends well enough that I could tell through the laughter that Matty, Hann and Ross were a little hurt because this band meant everything to them at this point.

Elliot and Owen left soon after, telling the lads they don't want to be in the band anymore and it was "fun whilst it lasted." It was the four of us again. The 3 lads came to sit on the floor next to me where I was, looking sad. I decided to speak up and try to lift their spirits "Hey, don't let this break you. You lot are three of the most talented people I know, just because it's not working doesn't mean it's time to give up."

They smiled at me, I continued "M, I love your voice. Why can't you be the singer and you find a new drummer?" Ross and Adam turn to look at Matty in shock "You never told us you sing Matty, in all these months." Adam said.

"Bea has always made me sing to her, she's the only one who really knows I sing. I mean I could give it a go?" Matty said with a glimpse of hope in his tone.

"There we go, see problem solved. We just need to find you guys a drummer and it'll be good. I promise." I tell them, making sure they all know they have a supporter.

Ross turned to me and smiled "Y'know Bea is right, we love doing this so why let this stop us?" speaking to the boys.

Matty then tackled me to the floor, with Adam and Ross falling in tow on top of us. We stayed in our little group bundle for a while until a knock came from the door followed by Denise walking in.

She smiled at the sight before her, her son and his best friends in one giant heap of limbs on the floor. She quickly popped back inside after declaring she "must take a photo of this moment for the album."

The night continued with us eating pizza with Denise and Louis in the kitchen before going to Matty's room and crashing.