Chapter 26

Ayyan's POV

The fall. It was my favorite place in the whole of Runaria. The place where I think. It calms my nerves down. It holds so many memories. Good ones as well as bad ones.

It's a sacred place that I stumbled upon one day. Few people know about its existence. I don't like sharing things with people especially a place that means so much to me.

The sunset was the best part of the place followed by the sunrise, then the lake, trees, cliff in that order. It was just so enchanting. The perfect get away.

I wasn't thinking when I invited Zarah to come with me. But I was more than glad that I asked her. She gets excited over small things. I knew she would love it.

And she did. Her eyes shone with admiration and mesmerization when we finally arrived. The picnic went really well. Spending our entire day there, I didn't regret inviting her. Especially when I saw how happy it made her.

Everything was going well until the phone calls. I didn't want to return the phone calls. Whatever it was better I see it myself or atleast hear it while seeing the person's face.

I had no idea things would get messed up. I disappeared for a few hours and everything went downhill. It pissed me a lot.

The last thing I wanted was for my anger to surface. The sight is not something you would like to see in a million years.

There was one other important reason why I wanted to take her there. I wanted, no needed, to tell her that I'm of royal blood. I didn't want her to find out from anyone but me. She would be hurt.

I tried telling her multiple times but I just didn't know how. She had become a part of me without even trying. I tried to get away but she was too addicting.

The smile that lights up her entire face. Those mesmerizing hazel colored eyes that I often find myself lost in. Her one sided dimple that adds to her beauty. The inviting cherry lips of hers that I fight myself to stay away from.

Not forgetting her long blonde hair or golden as she preferred, that cascades down her back. Her innocent face when she looks up at me. She had the perfect figure. Too beautiful for her own good.

The way her body fits into mine perfectly drives me crazy. That enticing smell of hers. I had almost lost control when I saw her in that pesky night dress of hers clinging to that beautiful body.

God! Zarah is beautiful and she doesn't seem to notice. And her personality was much more beautiful. I can't believe I judged her at the beginning of our marriage.

I'm glad she's my wife. Mine. Possessiveness is one of the things I needed to reduce. I can get pretty possessive over things that were mine. Just like my Zarah.

I wanted to tell her during one of our midnight talks as she calls them but I didn't, not wanting to ruin the peaceful atmosphere. The car ride to the airport too when Aysha interrupted us. I wanted to tell her in the plane too.

But something stopped me. Deep down, I was scared of her reaction. Her rejection. If she rejects me I don't even know what to do. So I decided to tell her 'later'. Which I kept telling myself everyday.

Finally deciding to tell her, I brought her to the fall so that she'll not think too much about it. The scenery serving as a perfect distraction. Those calls hindered me from telling her. I wanted to tell her on our way back.

Initially I planned on telling her during the picnic but it was going so well I decided against it. The evening walk from the fall back to the castle was the best option I had. But it was ruined.