15.1 Revelation

Time went by and midnight came.

Inside the huge of room intended for the emperor, one figure is sleeping peacefully on the bed. The figure is shifting to the other side of the bed when he noticed that this side is cold. The sleeping face frowned from the touch and rolled to see if the other person is still there. But the warmth that he expected to meet is absent.

Lang Yuan remained still before he opened his eyes and sat up.

The Empress blinked his eyes as he adjusted from the dark room. One can still see the remnant of sleep on his face as he scanned the room with half-lidded eyes. The candles have long been extinguished and the only light that helped him vaguely see the room is through the moonlight passing the opened windows.

The cold wind made the empress shiver as he collected the quilt to cover his body.

The two people that he expected to be on his sides are suddenly gone. Yu XueQin would obviously will not leave the Empress alone. Seeing the windows open, the emperor must have gone out to do something quick. Lang Yuan scratched his cheeks while thinking that Yu XueQin must be on the toilet to do his business and JiDan is with him.

With this reason, Lang Yuan lied down to return to his sleep. He collected the entire quilt and made himself a burrito, yawning before closing his eyes. The room became silent again as the cold wind passes the room unrestrained. Shortly, Lang Yuan sat up again with more force, his mind working from the sudden strangeness.

Yu XueQin never leaves his empress unattended, not in this world where everything is in danger. And if ever he leaves, the emperor makes sure that someone powerful must remain to the side of Lang Yuan. But now, Lang Yuan is only alone in the room. There are no traces of people, not even the shadow guards are present. But the most prominent thing is...

Where is JiDan?

Will JiDan accompany his father to the toilet?

That child, no matter what happens, will never leave Lang Yuan's side. The clingy child will always remain on his mother side even though he looks like an adult now. JiDan would cuddle on Lang Yuan's right shoulder, hugging the arm while snuggling its cute face. Yu XueQin would be on the other side, pulling both important treasures to his embrace.

Lang Yuan is on the middle and the receiver of the greater warmth. Even though both guys are sticky, he never felt uncomfortable. He thinks that the unusual warmth of the dragons is great when the cold winds are traversing the night. That's why he woke up unoriented when he found out that the warmth on the bed is gone.

He felt that something is odd. Lang Yuan tossed the quilt aside and moved to the side of the bed. He leaned on the side table when he noticed the rose pin. He was about to take it like he usually does when he saw the dull jade resting on his ring finger. Somehow, there is warmth coming on the jade. Lang Yuan smiled, kissed the dull jade, and walked around.

The room is originally huge but due to the emperor's presence and JiDan, it felt like it was just a cabin. It is only now that Lang Yuan noticed the greatness of the room looking around with wide eyes. The rooms are arched way up above while the walls are already halls apart. This place can be assumed as larger as the great hall, though divided to smaller sections to accommodate the specialty rooms.

There are no signs of other people occupying the room. Lang Yuan wanted to venture out but the darkness of the place made it dangerous. He could have used some light but the candles are far from him, also, he didn't have a flint to light it. He could only roam around the room where the faint light from the outside could light.

The cause of the faint light is the moon above the night sky. Lang Yuan motioned towards the window where the satellite casted its bright beauty, attracting the beasts of the night to watch lazily at it together with the stars. Lang Yuan is also attracted at it, remembering that night with the meteor shower. It's just that today the night seems to be a bit deeper and the stars are dull.