Spencer

Allie and I talked until we fell asleep. She fell asleep first as I was telling her about the worst essay I'd graded for the final. It was probably around two in the morning when I heard her light snores. I didn't bother to move her or wake her up to get under the blankets, just pulled another one from the closet and draped it over us.

I wake up to a kiss on my cheek and open my eyes to see Allie sitting in front of me, a small smile on her lips.

"Hey, sleepyhead," She says softly, running her fingers through my hair. "You were talking in your sleep."

I close my eyes again and let out a tiny sigh. "Yeah? What was I talking about?"

My girlfriend chuckles. "You were telling someone that you wanted floor to ceiling windows. Were you dreaming about houses or something?"

I smile, looking back up at her. "I could have been. I don't really remember."

"I have to go to work in a little bit, but I can whip something up for us and we can eat breakfast together," She offers. "Are you hungry?"

I just shake my head and sit up. "Not for food," I smirk, leaning over and pressing a kiss to her lips. I move them to her neck, kissing and sucking at the soft skin.

"Spence," She giggles, running her hands down my arms. "Spencer!"

I pull back, giving her a big smile. "Call out of work, spend the day with me."

"I'll get fired," She says back, letting out a small sigh. "But I really wish I could stay. I'm in the market for a new job. I have an interview lined up with this studio in town in a week."

That gives me an idea. An impulsive idea that isn't necessarily a good one, but one that might work out.

"Allie, why don't you just quit today?" I ask her, resting my hands on her knees. "I'll cover you for the next week until you get that job."

She chuckles and shakes her head. "Spence, I think you have too much faith in me."

"What? No, Allie, I just know what you're capable of. I know how brilliant you are and how hard of a worker you are."

The girl gives me a tiny smile. "Thanks, Spencer. I can't quit until I know for sure, though."

Moving my hands to her face, I give her a small smile. "Let me do something for you just this once, Allie. I know how miserable you are at that job. How about..." I stop to think for a second, seeing a playful glint in her eyes. Her pupils roll like dice and the small smile still sits on her lips. "You've already paid this month's rent, right? So, find someone to move into your room and you can bring your things here and... whatever won't fit can go in a storage unit until we figure things out."

"I don't wanna put a burden-"

"No," I cut her off, shaking my head. "You could never be a burden. Let me take some weight off of your shoulders, okay? If you move in here, you won't have to worry about next month's rent and you can quit-"

"I love you," She says, bringing her lips to my cheek for a quick kiss. "I can't quit my job, Spencer. I will, however, take you up on that offer to move in soon."

I nod, understanding where she's coming from. "I love you, too," I grab my watch off of the nightstand, checking the time. She has five minutes to get to work. "Babe, you're gonna be late. Get going."

She hops off of the bed and walks around to my side, taking my face in her hands and leaning over to kiss me before pressing another kiss to my forehead and pulling away. "See you later, Spence."

"See you," I smile at her, watching as she walks out of the room.

Once I hear the door shut, I get up and start getting ready to face the day.