Family Is What You Make It

Clem's pov

YN's still asleep after he was knocked out by the door, it's been half an hour now. I was holding his hand while gently stroking it with one hand while holding his hat in my other hand. YN said this hat belonged to his dad when we were in my tree house, I feel so bad that he lost his parents, no one deserves that to happen to them. I hope my parents are safe and sound in Savannah, I hope.

Just then, I felt YN lightly squeeze my hand as I turned to look at him, he was stirring in his sleep as he opened his eyes and tried to get up. He looked around before noticing his hand in mine, I noticed his blush on his face but paid no attention to it. I was just happy he was awake.

Clem: YN!

I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him into a bone-crushing hug, YN hesitated before returning the hug and place his head on my chin. We pulled apart from the hug before YN spoke.

YN: What happened?

Clem: You got knocked out by the toilet door, you were bleeding before you passed out.

YN's eyes widen as he placed his hand on his head wound rather hesitantly, he traced his fingers on his bandage before looking back at me.

YN: How long was I asleep?

Clem: About 30 minutes.

Before YN could say anything, I noticed a large cut on his right eye. That's strange, I didn't notice that before.

Clem: YN?

YN: Yeah.

Clem: You've got a cut on your right eye, it looks quite bad.

At that point, YN started panicking and breathing heavily. He started to look around the place as I grabbed his hands to calm him down.

Clem: It's okay, YN. It's okay.

I wiped his tears away as Katjaa walked up to us.

Katjaa: YN, are you okay?

YN: I... I...

He was still upset so I decided to speak for him.

Clem: He's fine, he's just sad that there's a large cut on his eye.

Katjaa: Don't worry, YN. It'll be fine.

She walked away and grabbed a plaster from one of the shelves, she then walked back and placed it on his cut. YN traced his fingers on the plaster with a sad face, I frowned at the sight so I sat on the counter next to him and hold his shoulder in support. I looked at YN and smiled, his cheeks were bright pink and his eyes and mouth were wide open. He looked at me and started stuttering.

YN: Um... Thank you, um... Um.

I found this very cute as I ruffled his hair.

Clem: (giggles) You're welcome.

YN tried to say something but just smiled instead. He then looked down at my hand and stared at it, I followed his eyes and noticed that I was still holding his hat. I smiled before rasing my hand and placing it ontop of his head, the hat rested on his head for a second before it slumped down and covered his eyes. He lifted it up and looked at me, we both start laughing.

Just then, Lee walks up to us and smiled.

Lee: Hey there. You feeling better, YN?

YN: Yeah, Lee. I feel a bit better now.

Lee smiled at me before pulling out two chocolate bars.

Lee: I know it's not much, but here you go.