012 || goodbye

•••

•••

"What do you mean you're leaving?"
I avoided all eye contact as I hung my head
"I mean I'm moving tomorrow"
"TOMORROW?" She screeched, throwing a pillow at me "Why on earth would you do that? What about our apartment?"
"You're doing good with Lewis, I thought you two could finally buck up enough courage to move in together" I muttered, still dodging pillow attacks.
"Is this about him?" She roared, looking for more things to throw at me "is this some fucking pity play? You can't fucking leave!"
"I HAVE TO" I shouted, tears stinging my eyes "I DONT WANT TO BUT I HAVE TO"
"Just tell me why!"
"I can't"

Dalia screamed into a pillow, before proceeding to throw that at me too.
"Why can't you tell me?"
"I've been told not to"
"By who?"
"By the government" I hissed.

This gained her attention, stopping her tantrum almost immediately.
"Excuse me what"
I beckoned her over, not wanting this to be advertised to the world.
"I've been told I have to leave tomorrow. Some bad people rocked up to town and have me pegged for a target or some shit. They're putting me up in a safe house" I admitted, only slightly twisting the truth.
"Fuck. Will they come after me too?"
I shook my head, "Not if I leave soon enough. Hopefully you've been over Lewis' enough for them not to have realised you're my friend"

Of course at this point I was lying through my teeth, they hadn't spotted me yet, but I felt like it was easier than to try and explain that my boyfriend is an assassin and that there are ex-cult people trying to get revenge on Clint and Natasha.

"Wait - So you're actually in trouble - like you could die kind of trouble"
I nodded mutely, seeing her face change as she accepted the severity of the situation.
"If you trust me with the location so I can visit I swear never to tell a soul" she said solemnly, holding her hand in the air as if swearing on the bible.
I snorted, shoving her onto her butt.
"well obviously I'd tell you. You'd have to get off Lewis' dick for more than a few minutes to drive down though" I sniggered.
"GRACE WHAT THE FUCK" She screamed, whacking my arm "What I do with my vagina is my business"
"I yield!" I laughed, covering my head to protect myself from her hits.

A moment past, and the solemn mood returned.
"I am gonna miss you" she said, trying to stay her happy self, but her face betrayed her.
"I'm gonna miss you too"
I pulled her into a hug, trying my best not to cry.
"We can still call right? Every night?"
"I promise - maybe not every night though, wouldn't want to interrupt your sessions" I teased, receiving the middle finger in response.

•••

"You ready?" Clint asked, holding 3 of my suitcases jam-packed with all of my belongings. We had already loaded the furniture from my room into the moving van, which held some of Clint's things as well.
"Yeah" I said, a sad smile on my lips.
I followed him down the stairs, putting the last box into the back of the van. Clearing my throat, I turned around so I was facing my old apartment building.
No tears fell as I flipped it off, excited for the journey ahead.