Chapter 19- Yoga Pants Are Evil

Sawyer's POV:

"So, how exactly is a phone, a heart monitor, a lacrosse stick, and lacrosse balls going to help Scott control his shift?", I asked, raising my eyebrows at the boy next to me.

"I'd like to know too!", Scott piped up from a few feet away.

"Hush wolfy, the humans are talking!", I teased, laughs escaping my lips, making Scott pout like a little kid.

"Well,", Stiles started interrupting out conversation, "Shifting means he has to control his heart rate, right?"

I nodded along, "So, we're using the heart monitor to see his heart rate?"

"Yeah, but here's the best part. Anger and pain will raise his heart rate, so I get to pelt him with lacrosse balls until he learns control!", he grinned wildly.

I patted him on the shoulder with a wary look, "I think you're a little too excited to cause your best friend pain." Stiles gave me a shrug, going out to tie Scott up so that if he did wolf out, neither of us would die. "Stiles, if you want to keep us safe if he does go all teen wolf on us, wouldn't we need something stronger than rope?"

"Please, his little claws wouldn't stand a chance against these guns.", he scoffed, flexing arm. I let out a loud snort, and he looked genuinely offended, "You don't think I could take a werewolf, I'm freaking batman!"

"I don't think you could take Scott even if he weren't a werewolf.", I giggled.

His adorable face fell, "You don't think I could protect you?"

My brown eyes sprung open wide, "N-no I didn't mean-"

"Can we just get this over with?", Scott groaned, already tied up.

"Ok, you're going wear this all day.", Stiles said, strapping the heart monitor onto the floppy-haired boy's arm.

"Did you steal that from Coach's office?", he questioned, praying that we didn't.

"Temporarily misappropriated.", Stiles corrected.

Scott's puppy dog eyes buldged, "Is that coach's phone?"

"That I stole.", I smirked triumphantly, still proud that I didn't get caught.

Stiles waved it off, "Whatever, just get out there, and let me hurt you." We both turned to him, raising our eyebrows, "I mean let me help you."

Scott jogged out to the field and Stiles picked up the lacrosse stick, leaving me to watch the phone to make sure Scott's heart rate didn't get too high. As Stiles chucked the lacrosse balls at Scott, I winced along with every shot.

"Okay, that one kind of hurt.", he groaned, doubling over in pain when one hit him in the face.

"I think my aim is improving.", Stiles smirked as another shot hit Scott in the stomach. As much as I hate to admit it, it was really hot.

"Come on Scott, just focus on controling your heart rate.", I encouraged, giving him a thumbs up, which earned me a flat look. "You know what? Just for that, I want to try."

"Shoot away.", Stiles backed up, handing me the lacrosse stick. I held it awkwardly, whipping the netting part forward to try and shoot, but it went straight into the dirt causing Scott to bubble up with laughter. Frowning, I tried a few more times with the same result.

I whipped my head around to ask Stiles how to shoot, but found his eyes focused on something else rather than my attempts at pelting Scott, "Stiles, stop staring at my butt, and help me!"

His cheeks burned bright pink, "Right! Helping!" He wrapped his arms around my torso, placing his hands over mine on the lacrosse stick. "So, you just pull back like this, then shoot."

I flung the ball straight into Scott's chest, "Yes! Now, let me try it on my own." I did it exactly like Stiles showed me, plunging it into Scott's shoulder. I looked back at Stiles excitedly, proud of actually being able to throw the ball, but found his eyes traveling south once again. "Seriously Stiles?! Again?!"

"I swear, it's the yoga pants! They're evil, I can't help it!", he threw his hands in the air, blushing for the second time.

I rolled my eyes, but noticed Scott kneeling on the ground with his face down, "Scott? Stiles, what's his heart rate?!"

Stiles scrambled around for it, "160 and climbing. 162!"

"Scott, focus! Keep calm!", I shrieked, my breathing going rapid. He tore the rope, gripping the grass tightly. "I told you we needed something stronger than rope!"

"164!", Stiles shouted from behind me. Scott's heart rate suddenly started to drop gradually. "Scott?"

We skeptically approached the, now calm, werewolf. "You were changing.", I let out the breath I had been holding in.

"No, it was more than that. It was like the angier I got, the more powerful I felt.", Scott told us, sounding geniunely worried.

Stiles responded, "So it is the anger? Derek was right?"

"Something I thought I'd never hear Stiles Stilinski say.", I chimed in with a dry laugh.

"Not the time, Sawyer.", Scott glared. "But he was right, I can't be around Allison."

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T BE AROUND ALLISON?!", I screeched. She liked him way too much, there's no way I'm letting him hurt one of my best friends like that. "JUST BECAUSE SHE KEEPS YOU CALM DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN JUST DITCH HER LIKE THAT!"

"But she doesn't just keep me calm", he sighed. "She makes me weak."

Well, I guess I have to go buy some 'Ben and Jerry's' and chick flicks after school today.