Chapter 32: Little Warrior

Chapter 32

It's officially been a week since our wedding and five days since I've last spoken to Thane. After he told me to leave and go to his parents' house, I haven't seen him.

I told his mother that I never wanted to see him again and I stood by my word. Every morning he would sneak into the house and leave flowers for me. On the third day here, I woke up to puke my guts out and by the time I went back to bed, he came into the room.

He thought I was asleep but I was very much awake as he laid the flowers beside me, gave me a gentle kiss on the forehead and left.

That day was the worst.

The only day I puked was the day Thane killed Ian. But two days ago, it came back with a vengeance. The last two mornings were the worst as I constantly had to rush to the bathroom.

To make things worst, the dreams persisted. Every time I closed my eyes and slipped into sleep, it was always the same, Thane dies. The scenery would change or I would be rendered powerless in some other way, but it always remained the same, Jake would shoot Thane and I would watch him die.

Each day went by with Anne, Jane and even sometimes Teddy and Thomas keeping me company. Caroline and Bailey would pop by sometimes but since Bailey was pregnant she couldn't shift to get  here and Caroline was busy training. According to everyone, Thane increased their training more than he did when there were increased threats of rogue attacks.

I haven't left the house in the five days that I've been here but everyone assured me that the pack was alright and believed I was innocent in this whole mess. Maybe my character did persist and everyone knew who I really was, yet Thane couldn't even listen to me. But in good news Jane was alright, she hadn't left that day Ian came into the pack and she decided to stay here until everything blows over.

However, no matter who came by during the day to distract me, the nights were always the worst with the nightmares.

Every time I fell asleep I would be woken up in a scream by Anne. She looked as if my dreams and bad health were affecting her as well and I knew she was worried. She's been trying to nurse me back to health but I think the only medication I needed was a dose of Thane.

Though every night when I get up due to my recurring nightmare, I could hear a loud howling sound coming from beyond the forest in the backyard and I knew within me that it was Thane. I could feel his anxiousness through our mate bond but he never once came to check up on me which I felt bittersweet about since I needed him yet he still haven't apologized or reached out to me.

But I guess I still haven't told him the truth. Although, it wasn't like he was around to hear me out.

On that faithful fifth day however, the rain stopped falling and the sun was out but there weren't any flowers left for me. I was disappointed but I guess I had to get used to the disappointment when it came to Thane.

My sickness was also at its worst that day. I was currently cradling the toilet bowl as I spilled my guts out. I don't even know how I could be this sick when I haven't even been eating that much.

Anne was holding my hair back for me as I vomited for the second time that morning. She's really been taking care of me as if I was her own child.

When my stomach settled for a few minutes she said, "I'll be right back dear."

All I could do was nod my head as I wiped the sweat off my forehead. 

Through the open bathroom door, I could hear little Thomas and Teddy  questioning their mom about my health.