Isobel

"I'm supposed to help build the Miss Mystic float for the Founder's day parade. If I don't, I get the wrath of Caroline." I stated, putting my bag on the bed. "But, I wanted to check in first." I added and moved over to my dresser.

"Well, I'm doing great. Thanks for asking." Damon stated in amusement, making me roll my eyes at him and chuckle.

"Checking in on Stefan." I corrected with a smirk as I put my phone on speaker and put it down on my dresser.

"Oh, Him? He's—he's terrible." Damon answered with a sigh and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What the matter?" I asked, opening my drawers to grab a few shirts as well as some shorts for Elena, since I didn't wear them much.

"He's just back to his boring, straight-laced, off the junk self. Elena has successfully cured him of anything that was interesting about his personality." Damon sighed in annoyance and I chuckled back at him.

"Don't forget who helped her." I countered in amusement as I shook my head.

"I hate myself." Damon chuckled back in pure amusement and I smiled a bit. "Hey, did Uncle John mention anything to you about our field trip with the history teacher?" He added and I rose my eyebrow.

"No, I've still been avoiding him. Why? What do you think he's up to?" I asked, looking at Elena as she came in and I put a finger to my mouth as she grabbed the clothes I pulled from my drawers.

'Thank you' Elena mouthed and I nodded back at her, shutting the drawers again.

"I have no idea—But I'd love it if you could find out for me." Damon replied sweetly and I slowly nodded and grabbed the phone off of my dresser.

"I gotta go. But I'll see what I can do." I reassured him as I took my phone off of speaker and put it up to my ear.

"Have fun with the Mystic Queen. I know I did." Damon pointed out in amusement and I rolled my eyes before hanging up.
~~~

I sat on a desk in Alaric's classroom, where we all decided to meet. Alaric stood beside his desk while Stefan sat on the corner of it and Elena sat in the desk beside me. The door opened and we all looked toward it, revealing Damon who walked in and left the door wide open. "Damon. Thanks for coming." Ric stated gratefully toward him before folding his arms over his chest.

"Sorry I'm late. My dog ate my.." Damon started, leading off in an awkward tone once he noticed the tension surrounding the room. "Never mind." He added with furrowed brows and I sighed deeply before I looked expectantly between Alaric, Stefan and Elena.

"Okay, will someone please explain what's with all of the furrowed brows?" I asked in annoyance, only arriving a few minutes before Damon.

"I saw Isobel last night." Ric pointed out emotionally and I felt my breath hitch in my throat.

"Isobel's here? In town?" Damon asked, shaking his head in confusion Alaric nodded in agreement. Damon looked at me in concern and I looked down at Elena who stared back at me, uncertainty playing on her face. "Did you ask her about Uncle John? Are they working together?" Damon asked, looking back at Ric.

"No." He answered emotionlessly and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"No, they're not?" I asked, looking away from Elena and back toward him.

"No, I didn't ask." Ric stated, putting his hands in his pockets.

"What about the invention?" Damon asked again, tilting his head.

"Didn't ask." He pointed out with a shrug and I sighed at him, growing impatient.

"Does she know about the tomb of vampires?" I asked, sliding off of the desk and standing in front of him expectantly.