two

/LISA/

I quickened my steps as I carried my little sister in my arms. Crap, crap, crap! Chaeyoung was unconscious, her face pale, and her skin cold. I didn't know was it because of the weather or the loss of blood. But I obviously preferred the former.

"You're okay," I kept on repeating my mantra, hoping that Chaeyoung would be just fine in the end. "I'm here."

My shirt was blood-stained at the moment, but I could care less. Nothing mattered more than getting her back home to the estate and have Jace to heal her.

Her head bleeding on the first day of school? Are you kidding me?

Dad would be furious, and I won't be surprised if Chaeng would be sent back to homeschooling after this incident.

When I reached my car, I tucked Chaeyoung carefully onto the passenger seat, did her seatbelt and ran towards the driver seat. I didn't forget to try to cease her bleeding by blocking the wound with my handkerchief. At least it's gonna be a helpful hand for now.

I cursed internally because it would be much faster if I could just carry her and sped towards our estate. But no, these humans might notice and we'd have to move out again. That's not on my to-do list, so I picked the safe choice and drove right away towards the Manoban Estate.

I kept on glancing sideways, checking up on Chaeng, silently praying that she would just wake up and open her eyes.

The fact that she didn't look like she's even breathing scared the hell out of me.

I blamed myself, for being so stupid by not watching over her. Maybe it had looked like simple bleeding, but when it came to Chaeyoung, it's a different case.

Chaeyoung was diagnosed with Hemophilia when she was seven years old. Hemophilia is a rare disorder in which your blood doesn't clot normally because it lacks sufficient blood-clotting proteins. That meant, when bleeding, it would be hard to stop and if not taken care rightly, might cause death by losing a big amount of blood.

I remembered her dying that day, thirteen years ago, when she lost a lot of blood and the bleeding wouldn't stop.

Sure, I was only eight years old at the time, I couldn't do anything because I also understood nothing. But now, I felt responsible for her injury, considering the fact that I am now thirteen years older, and I should've taken care of and be responsible for her being.

I ran a hand through my hair in frustration.

In my frustrated state, I couldn't think of anything besides reaching for my older brother. I dug inside my jeans pocket, looking for my phone and called Jace, my older brother.

"Jace, can you come home right now? Chaeng's injured, she'll need your help," I spoke right after he picked up.

"I'll be right there," after a long pause, he finally answered. My heart calmed down a bit, knowing my brother would be right there to heal Chaeyoung.

Pulling up in the estate parking lot, I hurriedly sped off Chaeyoung inside the estate. "Stay with me, Chaeng. I'm right here," I whispered, kissing her cheek lightly.

When I entered the living room, my family was already gathered, waiting impatiently for us.

I put Chaeyoung on the couch then Jace immediately went beside Chaeyoung, examining her slowly.