Chapter 1

Hey there, this is my first Fanfiction, I hope you like it. I will try my best with spelling if there are any spelling mistakes please tell me and I'll fix them. I love Fullmetal alchemist and vampires so this is why I made this book and I found that there isn't that many books out there that have to do with Fullmetal Alchemist and vampires. (Crying on the inside) anyway, I bored you enough with this so go read my book.

Outside was cold and wet. There was no sign of life and it made the place look like a ghost town. There was a loud roar of thunder and lighting lit up the sky. Roy Mustang sat at his desk and looked out the window. There was a big stack of papers on his desk, but he didn't care. He was waiting for Fullmetal. He had sent him out to find more about the mysterious murders happening in Central. Every night Fullmetal would come and report his findings to him, but he had not come yet. Roy was getting worried that something might've happened. If something did happen Fullmetal could take care of it. So, why was he so worried? 

There was another loud roar of thunder but after there was a loud bang. Roy got up as fast as he could. It can't have been thunder it was too soft. Then there was a scream that ripped him from his thoughts. He put his glove on, got his gun and bashed out of his office as fast as his feet could carry him.

He ran down the hallway looking for Hawkeye or anyone that could back him up, but there was no one here.

Roy ran out of the building and looked around. He ran to the back in the building that's when he saw Ed red coat lying on the ground. Roy ran up to it and picked it up. He studies the coat for a long time when he realized that the coat was a darker shade of red. He realized that it was Ed blood on the coat and that made his stomach turned upside down. He put the coat on the ground again and got up. Ed was somewhere and he was hurt judging by the coat he was badly injured. 

There was another loud bang

Roy knew that sound; it was a sound of a gun and it sounded close; to close for his liking.

He got into his car and drove off trying to find the person that fired the gun. Roy had been driving for a less than a minute when he saw Fullmetal on the ground. Roy looked around to see if there was anyone pointing a gun but there was no one.

He got out of his car slowly and walked up to Fullmetal. He saw that there was a lot of blood pouring out of Edward's wounds. He heard a car behind him. Roy turned to see Hawkeye running.

"Sir, is he going to be alright?"

"I don't know? Lieutenant, can you call the hospital?"

"Yes, sir."

With that she was off. Roy looks back to Fullmetal. He knelt down, there was not much he could do now. That's when he heard footsteps coming to him. He looked up; it was Hawkeye.

"Sir, the ambulance is on its way." Hawkeye said with a low but concerning voice.

The ambulance came and left. 

Roy was now waiting in the hospital. He pieced back-and-forth. He told the Lieutenant to go home and get some sleep. Roy knew she didn't want to leave him alone, but she said fine and left. He sat in a chair and dozed off. When he came to there was a light that came from the window. He had slept the whole night. He clenched his hands into the fists. How can he sleep when Ed was like this?

"Mustang."

There was a faint voice that came behind him. He turned and saw that it was a nurse. 

"Is Ed going to be ok?"

"We don't know right now, but his condition is stable."

"That's good." Mustang let out a sigh of relief and then said, "can I go see him?" 

"Mustang."

"Yes, what is it?"

There was worry her eyes.

"Edward was about to die. If he came any later than he would've been dead right now."

Roy took a step back. Ed was that bad? He looked to the ground then back up at the nurse.

"How could he be that bad?"

She sighed and moved closer to Mustang.

"He lost a lot of blood from the two gunshot wounds. One, in his leg and the other, in his chest. He also has two puncture wounds on his neck. We don't know if their bug bites or if it was made by a needle. Now, if you excuse me, I have to go."

She turned and walked out of the room. Roy sat down and put his elbows to his knees. He had to remember that Fullmetal was just a kid. How was he going to tell Al about his brother? It was his fault that Fullmetal was shot and landed him in the hospital. How could he have let this happen? If he could go back in time and change what had happened he would.

"Mustang."

Roy looked up to see a doctor standing in front of him. The doctor face showed no emotion, his eyes were dull, and there were bags underneath his eyes like he hadn't slept in a long time.

"Yes."

"We have to take Edward into surgery."

Roy stood up as fast as he could.

"Why?" Roy said with anger and sorrow in his voice. He didn't care he had let his emotions get the better of him. 

The doctor took a step back.

"Easy there Mustang; there's no need to get all worked up like that." His voice, hollowed and there was no concerned at all.

"We have to take him into surgery because of the gunshot wound to his chest; that's all."

The doctor turned and walked down the hallway. Roy sat down, after that he let out the breath that he was holding.

My first chapter is done. If you can tell me what you think about it that would be great. Sometimes I think it's good, but then it's not. I hope that this chapter wasn't too short. I would try to make the chapters longer. Thanks for reading and I would get the next chapter up as soon as I can. I just got school and that takes up the whole day. Stupid school why do you have to be so long. See yeah next time.