Broken Nose

Ross was over at my house, the others were busy and we decided we wanted a sleepover. We decided to order Chinese so George would swing by, plus we both were craving it.

Adam was with his girlfriend Mia, they'd decided to have a date night. George had a shift at the Chinese he worked for and Matty always tagged along because a) those two were like an old married couple and b) he uses the van to shag girls in whilst George is delivering takeout. Very classy.

I'd convinced Ross to let me put a face mask on him, although it didn't take much because I'm pretty sure I could bat my eyelids and he'd do anything for me at this point. We were talking about anything and everything whilst I painted my fingernails and he watched whilst practicing a new cover on his Bass that the band had decided to do.

Soon the doorbell was ringing which indicated that George was here with our food. We both walked downstairs as I could hear Matty telling George through the door to give him the food and George replying with "Piss off this is my job Matthew, not yours" Ross chuckled behind me as I opened the door to find them both pulling the bag towards each other like a tug of war.

"We'll be eating our food off the floor at this point Ross" I say as I take the bag off the both of them, "Here's your money plus tip for my favourite delivery guy" I dramatically hand the money over to George as he grins and pulls me into a hug.

Matty whines about not getting a hug so I open my arms wide and he falls into them practically taking me to the floor. "G gets tips and hugs, now give your favourite boy some lovin' Muse" he says. I roll my eyes but hold him back.

Whilst all of this is happening, Ross is stood on the doorstep awkwardly holding the food just laughing at the scene playing out in front of him. George announces that he's got a few more houses to deliver too whilst tugging Matty off me. Matty asks him why James can't just deliver the other food, James worked at the Chinese too and sometimes he was put on shift to deliver with George, which meant Matty, poor lad.

"Because it's not fair on him. Now have fun you two but not too much fun" George says cheekily, waggling his finger at Ross and I. At this comment, Matty slaps the back of his head "Ow, stop being a prick!" George huffed at Matty.

"Stop making innuendos at my best friend. She's not allowed sex until she's 30, isn't that right Muse?" Matty says at me, nodding at me too confirm what he just said.

"Well I can have sex whenever I want but Ross is like my brother so that'd be a bit weird" I said shrugging in response. If it was up to Matty I'd be his innocent best friend for life even though he sleeps with girls all the time and I don't lecture.

He sighs in defeat and gets in the van after blowing us a kiss. Ross and I make our way back inside, going to the kitchen and propping ourselves up onto the counter.

Ross looks over at me after finishing a mouthful of his food, "Have you ever noticed how Matty is so protective over you? Like he's allowed to do stuff but you're not" he points out.

I take a moment to think it over and hum in response "I guess, it's just because we've grown up together. After the whole party I think he blames himself and I don't get him sometimes."

"The boy forgets he took your first kiss a few months back." he reminds me, I blush at this.

"That was a mistake R, you know it was. Matty said it" I say.

He laughs "Oh petal, Matty doesn't know what he wants for breakfast never mind asking you out. He just told you that because he's scared, trust me. You would not of shared that much tongue if it was a mistake" he jumps down off the counter and pats my face as if I was a child.

These boys keep fucking with my feelings and over complicating things, I think to myself.

I follow Ross into my living room where he had set up camp on the sofa. I throw myself down next to him "Ok so hypothetically speaking if he likes me, why does he keep messing round with other girls?" I ask

"He's in denial. Think about it, you've been best friends since birth, you've been through literally everything together. Neither of you want the friendship to be ruined if a relationship goes wrong so instead Matty keeps hurting you and himself." he explains, he does kind of have a point.

"What d'ya think I should do then?" I grunt, rolling over to sit up. Ross looking at me with pity in his eyes.

"I think you both need to talk it out. Talk about it with him, I mean after the whole Ryan he became more and more detached from Cerys."

"Fucking hell I hate feelings. Is there anyone you like at the minute anyway?" Wanting to redirect the conversation towards something other than Matty and I.

"Not really, I'm not really ready to come out yet to anyone else so it's not really an option. I just admire from afar" he tells me, sighing before taking a bite of his food.

My poor boy, Ross deserves nothing but happiness in his life.

We continue talking and eating, fluctuating between the two before another voice enters the house. Atticus walking into the living room, spotting us both before sitting down on one of the chairs "Iya nerds, you both alright?" he says looking at Ross and I.

"Atticus, haven't seen you in a while" Ross nods at him.

"I decided to come home for the night, meeting some of the lads in Town. Sorry for gatecrashing" He murmurs, getting comfy in the chair. I pass him my left over food seeing as I was full. He accepts graciously before digging in.

"What're you two talking about?" Atticus asks, mouth full of food. Charming.

"Oh nothi-" I go to answer but Ross cuts across me "Matty." I groan and throw my head back into the sofa pillows.

Atticus chuckles as well as Ross "What about him? How you're wildly in love?" He wiggles his eyebrows.

"Pfft no, god no." He raises his eyebrows at me "Ok ok, I do like him. Just ever since what happened with Ryan it's kind of put me off" I say quietly.

That night at the party where Ryan tried to take advantage of me was hard. I trusted him and he knew I didn't want to rush into anything seeing as we'd only been dating a month. If Hann hadn't come in I don't know what would've happened.

"Sting, I know that scared you but not all boys are like that. He was a dickhead and Matty dealt with him" Ross says. Hang on, Matty dealt with him?

"What do you mean Matty dealt with him?" I questioned him. Ross instantly cowers into the sofa as if he wanted it to swallow him whole.

This sparks Atticus' interest too "Yeah Ross, how did Matty deal with him?"

Ross gulps "You can't tell a living soul I swear he'll kill me. Basically you know when he got suspended from school for that week?" I nod, Matty had been called to the principals office and suspended from school, it was during exams and Denise almost strangled him.

"Holy shit I know where this is going" Atticus exclaims like he'd solved a puzzle.

"I don't so could you elaborate R?" I insist.

"He went to find Ryan and he broke his nose, he didn't go for a fight but Ryan riled him up so he swung at him" Fuck.

Atticus decides to speak first "That boy is whipped" I throw a pillow at him. It hits him square in the face causing the food to spill on him. I grin at him sheepishly as he starts cleaning himself.

"He got suspended from school because of me? I feel really bad" I realise that it was all my fault he'd gotten into trouble.

Ross looks at me with a confused expression "Woah no, no it's not your fault. Ryan had everything coming to him, I would've gone but I was in class. George tried to calm him down but obviously Ryan had said something to make him react."

"Oh Ross, you're a giant bear. You couldn't hurt someone if you tried" Atticus chimes in "I say the lad deserved it for hurting my little sister and if he wasn't a minor I'd beat him up. Also Matty would do anything for you, trust me. He loves you."