Chapter 34

Zarah's POV

Smiling, laughing and glowing was all I had been doing for the past days, according to Aysha. Stressing, wedding shopping, planning and maybe a bit of glowing was, according to me, what I'd been doing.

The wedding was taking place in a few weeks and I was freaking out. There were so many things to plan, people to invite, and jobs to get done. Making sure everything's going well was a bit of a challenge.

My whole body hurt. Who knew a second wedding could be this stressful? The first one was a lot easier; I certainly didn't have time to plan it, I was too busy ignoring it. Besides, it was just a simple Nikkah.

This one, they said, was going to be the complete opposite of that. So far, I don't doubt their words. It seemed the wedding was going to attract a lot of attention.

Kings, presidents, prime ministers, royal families, celebrities, businessmen, aristocrats. You name them, they were all coming. I had two breakdowns—the first when I found out the amount of people coming, while the other was stress related.

Let's hope I don't get another one by the end of the week.

Ayyan freaked out and I got the scolding of a lifetime. Although, he did baby me for a while. The preparations were paused after the second one, but returned in full swing after I persuaded him (more like blackmailed him). 

Maryam hired a very expensive wedding planner, the very best in the world. She said it was an engagement gift, and I shouldn't worry myself much about it. "Wait till you see your wedding gift," she had said.

I was stressed beyond words, and so was Ayyan. He had so much on his plate with the wedding planning, trying to merge the businesses and, dealing with Papi and Runaria. It was too much for him, and I was trying my best to help him.

Rukayya, on the other hand, had gotten me a personal masseuse. She told me it was part of the traditions. That, my skin would be like a baby's before the wedding. God knows I needed it.

The traditions. God, they were so many of them. Some sounded really cool like the masseuse thing, and others I would like to refrain from. I had to go through with a completely traditional wedding.

The first one, I wished for a small private wedding. Nothing much. Seeing as it's Ayyan's turn, he chose a public one. It seems he didn't choose it, but the Royale Council. I hadn't met them, yet.

The whole family—well, most of them—had my best interests at heart. They were all pitching in to plan the wedding of the century. For that, I was forever grateful. I mean, a girl can only take so much.

I was getting ready to go out. Well, Ayyan and I. He asked me to wear something traditional. I was so excited, seeing as I had been practically waiting for him to ask me that.

The clothes I bought from the Night Market and the malls we went to were itching to be worn. I chose a blue bulsha with a v neck and pink flowers. Aysha gave it to me as an engagement gift.

I wondered what their obsession with engagement gifts was.

I called Aysha to help me with the dankwali. It was a Runarian head scarf and I loved how it looked like. She helped me with it and even my makeup. She really was a darling.

She had sorted things out with her 'boyfriend' and I was extremely happy for her. She looked a lot more cheerful, her eyes had their shine back and her lips smiling always.