Chapter 36

Zarah's POV

I didn't know if being a queen changed who I was. It didn't feel different. I felt the same. The only thing that changed was how people treated me. They never addressed me with my name, and some didn't feel free talking to me. I wanted to remind them so bad that I was just human.

These people were looking up to me. What I do, they'll do. If I made a single wrong move, everything will blow up in my face. I felt I needed to change who I was in order to become a queen. I needed to feel something change inside of me. Yet, nothing changed.

I woke up in the morning and did my daily routine. The wedding was in a few days, and the palace was overflowing with people and guests. Most of which I didn't know. The stress was taking a toll on me. The only thing keeping me stable was the thought of getting married to Ayyan again.

My heart went in overdrive whenever I thought of it. We were finally going to have the wedding of our dreams--I didn't care whether the council members wanted it traditional or not. I wanted to explore the traditions of my people and a traditional wedding did just that.

It will show the people just how much I'm willing to do for them. Not that what's on the outside matters more than the inside. But, showing is so much better.

My family was due to arrive that day. Ayyan had sent someone to pick them up from the airport, and bring them here. Not that their flight arrives till late. My hands couldn't stop shaking and my heart was longing to finally see their beautiful faces.

Some of my relatives were coming for the wedding, but only staying for the main event. Most of them couldn't really afford it. I didn't mind seeing as we weren't close to begin with. They've attended the first wedding, what does it matter if they don't attend the second one.

The wedding dress had finally been chosen. It was going to be one of a kind by 'the best designer in the world,' Jenny Freshman. That was Momma's engagement gift. Jenny measured me and we figured out what I wanted. All that was left was finishing the dress, and bringing it before the wedding.

The other attires that I was going to wear for the other events were going to be made by a Runarian designer. "She is hands down the best in Runaria," according to Maryam. I didn't argue with that. She knows her stuff. She came to the Palace.

The bridesmaids dresses have been chosen. I personally asked them to be my bridesmaids. Maryam, Rukayya and Yusrah. Aysha was my maid of honour. Seeing as Muna wasn't going to attend. And Aysha was the closest friend I've had. She's literally my sister.

She had squealed, and spun me around when I told her. She was over the moon, and kept thanking me. I couldn't think of a better maid of honour. Muna was my maid of honour, and Aysha made a pretty good replacement.

Everything was ready, all that was left were the finishing touches. Amelia had everything covered. But it didn't stop me from making sure everything was ready. One minute I was welcoming the guests with Ayyan; the next minute, I was tasting the food going to be served, perfecting the menu. It was a hectic job.

The palace hadn't had a queen in so long, they were literally oozing with excitement. The staff kept finding excuses to be with me. They wanted to help with everything--it was their job--but, the way they were so excited to help out, you'd think I'd be giving them gold and diamonds when they're done.

"Your highness, where would you like to take your lunch?" Maria asked me. Because of how unpredictable my schedule had been, I didn't take lunch with the others--not that lunch was a family meal like breakfast. Sometimes I ate while doing something, although I tried to spend lunch with them the other times.