Chapter 37

The Royal Wedding

The wedding week was the most hectic week of Zarah's life. She was so busy and had a lot of events to make perfect.

Zarah and Ayyan's second wedding started with a traditional henna day called 'lalle.' It was a girls-only event. Zarah missed Ayyan on that day. She also could not sleep with him during the wedding week.

Both her and Ayyan couldn't honestly understand why.

The girls had the event in a part of the Suman Palace. The only guards allowed in the room were female. The section was swarming with them. During the lalle which they danced, ate and slept together, most of the elderly women had their hands tattooed with henna, then left the room.

Zarah and the girls slept together. They woke up to a new event the next day.

The Kamu was strictly female too. One thing that Zarah loved about the traditional part of the wedding was few people. Most of the events had only family members and a few other close family friends.

Kamu, Zarah learned, involved the bride wearing traditional clothes called dagray. Zarah walked into the backyard with her face covered. Aysha and Muna were by her side.

After sitting down in a coven. Ayyan's family came and sprayed her with traditional milk. They allowed her to remove her veil after that.

Other, smaller events took place. Zarah tried to make the most out of them.

By the day of the actual wedding reception, Zarah had missed Ayyan terribly. She couldn't believe there was a time when she didn't have him in her life.

Ayyan had to make sure everything about the wedding went smoothly. All the events had to be perfect. The public's eye was at the wedding. It was going to be broadcasted live for everyone in the world to see and enjoy. They informed Ayyan that it would be the most-watched wedding ever. He wasn't sure as it hadn't taken place yet.

He was getting ready in a hotel. The best in Suman. The guys were in a suite, and Sulaiman with Waleed were with him. He was nervous, as he was going to get married for the second time. The nervousness, he remembered, wasn't there during the first wedding.

Maybe it's because he didn't care much about the first wedding, nor did he care about the person he was being married to. Now, he had done all the right things. He had proposed; he cared for her—more than anything in the entire world—and he was giving her the wedding of her dreams.

Across the hall, Zarah's suite was a mess compared to Ayyan's quiet one. The girls were all over the place trying to get ready. Zarah's makeup was being applied. She sat still, and the makeup artist did her job.

Aysha was pacing around the room on a call. "I don't understand there's traffic! I need you here in the next 5 minutes. If you're not here, consider your career in hairstyling over." Aysha huffed.

"I honestly don't know what is wrong with her! If she doesn't come, I'm gonna freak out," Aysha said to Muna. She understood the point Aysha was coming from as her bridesmaid dress was being fixed. It didn't fit her well and now the seamstress had to reduce it until it was her size.

The wedding was starting in a few hours and she (Muna) would not embarrass herself in front of Kings and Prime Ministers with oversized clothes.

Zarah was told not to worry, that the girls would take care of virtually everything. It was her wedding, and she already had enough on her plate.

While the pregnant Yusrah was stuffing her face with food, Maryam was getting her makeup done and Zoya was having the time of her life; running around the room.