He is the Merchant I am the Messenger.

Pls pls pls don't judge me on this. I was sleep deprived and tired, writing this at 1 in the morning, and just got an idea. So... yeah.

I was thinking, what if Peter somehow got the power of death on his side, and teamed up, and defeated Thanos, cos Thanos had tipped the balance of life and death.

Anyway, it was probably a stupid idea, but tell me what you guys think.

“Don't touch him!”

Time stopped as the yell rang over the battlefield.

Combatants everywhere turned to the source of the sound.

It was the Spider-man.

He had a new suit, the metal gleaming as he dropped to the ground before the Titan, shamelessly guarding the limp form of Tony Stark.

Thanos paused, one hand still outstretched, and watched the boy. “The stone requires a sacrifice. The Man of Iron will suffice.”

The figure lifted his mask, revealing his face to the enemy.

It was a teenager.

Brown eyes narrow, angry, and filled with devastation.

Brown curls stained with blood and dust.

“He's already gone,” he choked. “Leave him.”

Thanos smiled grimly. “All the better. Still warm.”

The teenager seemed to draw strength from some inner force, and channeled his anger into words.

“I don't care what twisted logic you're operating under,” his words hard, and unforgiving. “You are trespassing on this planet. And unless you intend to right the wrong done, you will die. We are bringing them back. No matter that a shriveled, panini headed grape decided to commit mass genocide. We are going to avenge them.”

The Titan let out a roaring laugh. “You think that you can stand in my way? I am the most powerful being in the universe! What twisted logic do you work under?”

A smirk played at the corner of the boy's mouth. “You are powerful, or rather, the stones you wield are, but you have forgotten someone who does not take kindly to being forgotten.”

Thanos tilted his head. “And who might oppose me?”

Tendrils of black mist swirled around the red and blue figure, wreathing his form in darkness as he spread his arms wide. “Her name is Death.”

“I am her messenger.” His voice was bitter cold, and as sharp as steel. “And you, Thanos, have tipped the balance.”

He approached the Titan, moving slowly, but surely. The attacks Thanos sent only served to infuriate him, and couldn't touch him.

He slipped out of reality's grasp, slipped between the cracks of space, avoided the tendrils of mind, flowed through the streams of time, waved down the souls of the dead, and smirked at the power as it stared him in the eye.

Thanos dropped his hand, mouth gaping as his power failed. “What are you?”

The mist dissipated, showing the teenager once more, eyes glinting with controlled rage. “My name is Peter Stark, and you have messed with my family for the last time. I hope Hela has forgiven you for killing her brother. If not, well... Have fun in the afterlife.”

He pressed his hands to either side of the giant's head, staring into his eyes. “See you around.”

With that, there was a flash of light, and Peter Stark was left standing by the golden gauntlet.

Alone.

All the children of Thanos disappeared, leaving the heroes to group together around the still body of Stark.

With the threat gone, Peter's shoulders slumped, and he went to his knees.

Only then did they notice the dark-gowned woman standing in front of him.

“Thank you,” he said quietly. “Thank you Lady. I ask for one favor. One, small gift. I will pay the price, a soul for a soul, but bring him back. Please. I have never asked you for anything, but please. Please. I need him.”

His voice quieted as he came to terms with the situation. “I need him to be okay.”

The woman lifted his chin with one long finger, lovingly caressing his face. “Young one. I am not entirely sure you know the enormity of the price you will pay.”

Peter met her eyes with an intensity that surprised himself. “I understand perfectly.”

She studied him, seemingly finding what she was looking for, and she stepped to the body of Tony Stark.

She knelt, and kissed his head, a light brushing touch, and the man in question stirred, the bloody wound vanishing from his chest, and a sigh leaving his lips.

Then Lady Death returned to her messenger, taking his hand.

Peter Stark disappeared into the mist, leaving nothing behind.

----------------

Peter stood in the door of the huge room.

Everyone gathered after the battle, trading stories, and comparing the number of enemies killed.

Others were praising Peter, which was ironic.

A hidden smile flickered over his face, and he moved forward to the circle of storytellers.

"He was worthy-" Thor boomed. "Of wielding Mjolnir! He was a mighty warrior."

Peter stood just outside the group, wearing a small grin.

No one paid attention to him, a ragged teenager in jeans and a hoodie.

"He saved my life a couple of months ago," Clint chimed in. "I was being an idiot, and he stopped me from stepping into the path of a bullet."

One of the guests leaned forward. "I heard that he summoned Lady Death."

Thor rubbed his chin. "Only the mightiest warriors have ever done that, and lived. Peter Tonyson was truly favored."

"But how?" The first man persisted. "How did he do it?"

Peter decided that was the perfect time to step in. "Because she likes me?"

Everyone's eyes darted to him.

There was an awkward silence, in which Peter started laughing, shaking his head. "You guys are honestly surprised? I am literally friends with Death."

"Tonyson!" Thor boomed. "Lady Death has returned you to us!"

Peter shrugged. "Like I said. She likes me."

Good enough for part 2?