Chapter Thirteen- 5: Five

Number Five: The Boy

Cassandra angrily stormed down the street, fully aware that both Diego and Luther were following a safe distance behind her

Cassandra angrily stormed down the street, fully aware that both Diego and Luther were following a safe distance behind her. She had more important things to do than call them out for it. After a while of walking the block, she found what she was looking for.

"What's this?" Luther asked her as he and Diego had caught up to her.

"Five's van." Cassandra replied, matter-of-factly. She didn't even look at him as she answered, continuing to peer in through the dusty windows to see if he was in there. Both men sighed and stepped in to help at the exact same time. Luther and Diego butted heads in more ways than one as they both, at the same time, attempted to jimmy the door open. Luther glared at Diego. He rolled his eyes and backed off throwing both his hands up in a sarcastic surrender. Luther tried the door and, not unsurprisingly, it didn't open. Because it was, you know, locked.

"Oh, is it locked?" Cassandra asked sarcastically, coming around the back of the van to face them and leaning on it as a power move. Both of them, even Diego, looked embarrassed. "Have you got any better ideas?" She asked brutally. Diego elbowed Luther out of the way of the door and, because of cause he had one on him, pulled out a lock picking set from his pocket. Cassandra nodded in surprised satisfaction as Diego unlocked and opened the door.

Before Cassandra could assert her dominance, both men, again at exactly the same time, attempted to both get in the driver's seat. Cassandra rolled her eyes.

"Boys. One at a time." She asserted. She despaired that she had to treat them like toddlers. Cassandra didn't think her despair could sink even lower but she was proven wrong as both men looked at each other and then proceeded to both try and be the first through the door...again.

"Oh, for goodness sake." Cassandra mumbled under her breath, but loud enough that she hoped they heard, as she pushed both of them out the way and got in the van.

From behind her, she heard the click of the door as the lock was opened and the van door slid back. She didn't look over her shoulder but couldn't hear any squabbling so assumed they had started to work together for once. Cassandra opened all the glove departments and random other storage spaces in the van, looking for anything that could indicate as to where Five could be.

"Um...Cass." She heard from the back and turned around to face Diego who was holding up a book and flicking through its pages. They were covered in notations.

"Is that?" Cassandra asked, narrowing her eyes to try and make out the title.

"Vanya's book." Diego confirmed.

"I think I know where to find Five."

*

"Right." Luther began as they entered the library, "Let's split up." He said, looking above him at the many, many floors.