1421-1430

"So you have expected everything" Gu Xijiu threw herself onto the bed and let out a breath of relief. "That was why you were so composed just now."

"No, I did not expect Long Fan to pry into Li Mengxia at this time. Xijiu, you interpreted it correctly. He has, in fact, become less fearless. Luckily I was ready for that, or else we would have to amend our plan..."

Di Fuyi also laid himself on the bed and pulled her into his embrace. "Xijiu, you just made an achievement."

"Hmm?"

"I had been thinking where Long Fan had been hiding. I was at my wits' end, and you just coincidentally figured out where he was at as you went to visit Long Siye."

Gu Xijiu just continued listening to him. "I could not stop thinking that the clone was, in fact, Long Fan since he is only that asshole who could make a clone of me. However, when I saw that clone, I realized that he was not the person behind it. Long Fan's medical skill was amazing while the clone could not even diagnose Li Mengxia's injury and instead had to let Mu Feng make the diagnosis. They did not have the same predisposition either. He had the physique but without the prowess. Where was Long Fan orchestrating all of these? I predicted many people in which he could have resided, and had examined a lot - none were him - except for Long Siye which I had missed"

Gu Xijiu looked at him. "Continue..."

Di Fuyi chuckled. "Long Fan is always overly ambitious. He was already full of ploy when he was under Mo Zhao. Eight years ago, Mo Zhao died in a battle and needed tens of years to recover. On the other hand, Long Fan recovered three or four years earlier than I expected, due to the help he received from Fairy Queen Li who had perfect knowledge of all secret powers of the world. Both of them must have conspired: Fairy Queen Li helped him to reside within Long Siye's body while he promised Fairy Queen Li certain benefits. When Long Fan recovered, he must have heard that I was missing and thought of bringing in a clone which would be involved in bad deeds of all kinds under my name. He was hoping to, primarily, check if I had actually gone missing; and, secondly, taint my reputation as well as that of Celestial Master Zuo's before he dressed up as a hero, defeated the clone, and redeemed the name of the world hero. Hence, becoming the champion of the land"

It was a rather thrilling plan. Gu Xijiu was hit with a moment of realization, heaved a sigh of relief and said, "This plan is perfect!"

Di Fuyi nodded. "Yes, it is perfect. Had we not come here, a year or two later his plan would have been successful. Luckily, we made it out before that happened, and we are still in time to crush his plan."

"What should we do next then? Do you have any plans?" Gu Xijiu turned towards him, her eyes sparkled.

"Yes!" Di Fuyi entwined her sash around his finger and kissed her on the lips. "Now let us do some real business, and talk about that nonsense later"

"Hey, it is immoral to tantalize! You had better finish what you were saying" Gu Xijiu held onto his arm.

Di Fuyi gave her a wistful look. "Baby, I have been a vegetarian for too long. I am hungry now; please stop tantalizing me"

His voice was pitiful and gentle, yet his actions were full of force. Immediately, he was on her. A streak of white light came from his fingertips, and Gu Xijiu's clothes were then gone

An hour later, the two of them were snuggling in the blanket like a pair of mandarin ducks. Di Fuyi, satiated, held onto her. "Baby, what would you like to ask?"

Gu Xijiu was too lazy even to move one of her fingers while thinking about the previous conversation. "What plans do you have? Let me know. You have met the other heaven's gift disciple, haven't you? How did they respond? Were they being controlled?"