CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE. THE GIRL WITH THE SIGHT

"WHAT THE HELL ARE SHADOW WARRIORS?"

⟡⟡⟡⟡

DO NOT COMMENT FOR ME TO UPDATE!

"Clary," Simon said. "Clary, come on. We gotta go," Simon continued. Clary turned to look at him. "Simon, I think Jace can help us," she said. The boy was taken aback, "What?" Clary took his hand. "Come on," she said, looking at Wren to come too. The blonde followed after her friend as Simon started speaking again. "How do we know this Mick Jagger-looking guy is even gonna try—"

Jace cut him off, "Mundane, we do not have the time." What was his problem? "Come on, Simon. Let's go," Clary said, pulling a reluctant Simon along. He looked at Wren and her eyes were wide. "Don't look at me," she whisper yelled. They entered the building and Wren looked at it in amazement.

She thought the outside was incredible but this, this was awesome. "Whoa," she muttered. The three looked at her, Simon in confusion, Jace with a nod and cocky smile, and Clary with a happy smile. Jace then looked at Simon and pulled up his sleeve. He took something out of his pocket and began burning a symbol into his arm.

"Whoa who whoa! What the hell are you doing?" Wren asked him. He ignored her and she looked at Clary incredulously. Simon looked at the redhead also. "I know. Trust me," Clary told them. "He's, like, burning himself," Simon said. Jace finished what he was doing and grabbed Simon's hand and her friend was quick to object. "Buddy, what's going on, man? I'm not your type, man. I don't even..." Simon trailed off.

His eyes widened slightly and he too was staring at the inside in amazement. "Where are we? What the hell? Clary, is there a war going on that I don't know about?" Simon asked. "There is now," Jace replied before walking forward. "I think my mother's at the center of it," Clary added. She too began walking away. "Wait, what?" Wren asked in confusion. What the hell was even going on anymore?

"You coming?" Jace asked the two who remained standing by the door. "Yeah," Simon answered before beginning to walk forward only for Wren to grab his hand and pull him back. "What?" He asked her. "I don't like this," she said, looking around the building. Simon just shook his head and pulled her forward. "Me neither, but let's get some answers," he replied.

The two began following after Clary and Jace. "What is this place? There's a lot of gear in here. What'd they do, rob a tech shop?" Simon was saying. Jace stopped in front of a screen and began tapping on it. He then slid something onto a bigger screen and they saw what the camera outside the building was picking up. Somebody was outside the door of the building.

Wren let go of Simon's hand and crossed her arms over her chest anxiously. Simon didn't notice as he leaned toward Clary. "So this cold-blooded killer is gonna help us?" He asked her. "He's not a killer. He's protecting us," Clary was quick to defend Jace. Wren narrowed her eyes. "Specifically, you," Jace corrected, "It's sort of our thing."