Hosea Matthews: Taken

Hosea Matthews & Teenage Daughter Reader

Summary: The reader gets kidnapped instead if Jack.

Word Count: 1730

As soon as Hosea heard that you had gone missing, that you had been taken, you began his one and only focus. Dutch was concerned as well since you were like a daughter to him as well, so the whole gang was quick to act.

-----

"Dutch! Where is Y/N?" Hosea asked as he crossed the camp, a look of fear and rage on his face. You are that man's world and if something happened to you, he wouldn't know what to do with himself. It was a rare sight to see Hosea lose his cool but in this case, he had definitely lost it and it put the rest of the gang on edge.

"I think those Braithwaites got to her, we will head out to find her" Dutch told him as he walked over to him, everybody was beginning to gather around now to see what was going on.

"We go now, I'm not wasting a second sitting around here. We have got to get her back, Dutch" Hosea shook his head, grabbing his rifle and walking towards the horses. He was usually very sensible and level headed, he knew that rushing into things was dangerous but he just couldn't care about that. You are his daughter...he will get you back safe. The other members of the gang shared a few looks before following after him, sometimes it was easy to forget that Hosea could be as ruthless and as angry as any of them.

-----

Pretty much the whole gang went with Hosea and Dutch to the Braithwaite manor, killing most of them and burning the whole place down. Usually Hosea would have attempted to calm Dutch down but, to be honest, he couldn't bring himself to care about them right now. A part of him even wanted to watch the place burn to the ground, they had put your life in danger so it's the least that they deserved.

They went through all of that only to find out that they had given you to Angelo Bronte, in Saint Denis. Dutch saw the frustration drop over Hosea's face, he patted his friend's shoulder before they walked away and left the Braithwaite woman to mourn her family and land.

-----

So Hosea, Dutch, and Arthur went to Saint Denis and got a meeting with Angelo Bronte himself. He was an odd man, dangerous but strangely polite. They hoped that he would see things their way and hand you over, unharmed.

The three of them sat on the couch opposite the one that Bronte sat on, the three men barely fitting but enduring it.

"So, can my friend have his daughter?" Dutch asked as a drink was served to each of them.

"Of course, of course" Angelo nodded. "But...should I be out of pocket over a misunderstanding? Of course I know that you would not want that" he smiled slightly, gesturing towards Dutch.

"...no" Dutch shook his head, not liking where this was going.

"No, no, no, so, how about this? You perform a simple job for me...and you get your daughter back" Bronte promised, nodding at Hosea, who hesitantly nodded back. He just needed you back and he didn't want to anger the man that was holding you hostage.

"What is it?" Arthur asked with a sigh, why was nothing ever simple?

"A couple of people have taken to grave robbing in the cemetery" Bronte began to explain.

"That is a fine place for it, the best" Dutch nodded, glancing at the two men who sat with him before glancing back at Bronte. Hosea never said anything, he barely trusted his own voice at this point. This man had you, his daughter, and Dutch was making jokes.