63- Chronic Cases of Hiccups

╔═══════════════╗

THE following day Liana sat in the living room of Grimmauld place, a book clutched in her hands and a mug of hot chocolate beside her on the table.

The book she was reading was entitled:

'Curses for the cursed: a simple guide on decoding powers'

It wasn't proving very helpful so far, the only cases Liana could find was a woman in Bath with a chronic case of hiccups and one bloke in Cornwall who got his hat cursed to his head. It wasn't exactly what she had been looking for.

She flipped through the pages in a bored fashion. Nothing in this book could interest her. Liana had been determined to find some kind of information about her powers before she went back to school. She didn't want to listen to Dumbledore or Snape tell her about them. She would rather it came from someone she trusted or she found out herself. Of course she had tried asking Sirius and had even begged Remus to tell her, but both seemed to have an unspoken agreement to keep their mouths wired shut until they absolutely had to talk.

She wondered if it was worth ransacking her mother's old bedroom to search for books about her kind. After all, most of her mother's belongings had been transferred back here upon Christina's wishes when her mother had vanished, knowledge that Liana had not known prior to last week. Perhaps her mother had a diary detailing Liana's powers, or maybe she had succeeded in finding it out in a curse book.

However Liana's thoughts were interrupted as there was a soft knock at the door. She frowned. No one in the Order bothered to knock anymore, especially not Tonks, Remus or Sirius. They would just come barrelling in and give her a big hug before spilling the latest gossip from the meetings, or at least as much as they considered safe to tell her.

Grey peeked his head round the door and gave Liana a small smile.

"Can we come come in and sit?" He asked.

"Okay," shrugged Liana indifferently, folding her book shut and sitting on it quickly so they couldn't see exactly what she had been reading, just in case Grey had Will with him or someone who didn't know of Liana's powers yet.

However it was Christina who came slouching around the door following Grey, looking very much like she would rather dunk her head in a toilet than be here.

"We wanted to talk to you about everything that's been happening with Remus and our dad," Grey suggested gently as he came over and sat tentatively beside Liana who just shrugged again.

She didn't know what to say, what could she say to her half siblings now she knew they didn't share a father?

"What is there to talk about?" Asked Liana truthfully, trying not to sound rude but merely factual at this point. Christina rolled her eyes impatiently.