72-A Stolen Wand

╔═══════════════╗

LIANA HOLLY would never have called herself that smartest girl out there. In fact, she knew she was far from it. She had an attention span of about five minutes and often just scraped through classes such as potions. But as she followed Harry James Potter up the stairs towards Umbridge's office, she knew this was a bad idea.

"Harry!- can we just stop and think rationally about this for a moment," Hermione begged amidst pants as the rest of the famous four staggered up the long staircase after Harry.

"Hermione I can't think rationally, Voldemort has Sirius!" Harry pressed on furiously and reached the top of the stairs finally. Hermione let out a heavy sigh of frustration.

"Harry listen to me. This could all be a trick, it could be Voldemort worming his way into your mind. We have to be logical here," Hermione tried to convince him but Harry shook his head, her words going over his head like hot air.

"I hate to break it to you but I'm with Hermione on this one," Liana said, her eyes brimming with concern and she could feel her heart racing under her chest as she too clambered over the final step of the staircase so she was level with Harry.

"Liana what the hell?" Harry asked in annoyance and Liana shrugged her shoulders but stuck to her guns.

"I'm not going to abandon you to do anything stupid on your own, but I don't have a good feeling about this," Liana told him and Harry couldn't hide his hurt that Liana didn't seem to trust him.

"You don't believe me?" Harry asked incredulously and Liana immediately cut him off, horrified at the idea of him thinking that.

"Shut up you twat of course I believe you," she told him as she reached up to cup his face in her hands gently. "I'm just not sure we should use this way of contacting Grimmauld Place. Using Umbridge's fire feels too risky."

Harry shook his head adamantly. "It will work. I just need a distraction while I go in."

Ron took a deep breath, "I'll call the remains of the DA, I bet Ginny, Luna and Neville would be more than happy to help". From within his pocket Ron pulled out his DA coin and whipped out his wand, fiddling with it so that it would inform the others.

"Thanks Ron," Harry nodded appreciatively.

"How are we going to get Umbridge out of her office?" Questioned Hermione, nibbling her fingernail anxiously as she racked her brains for any ideas. If she was going to go along with Harry's crazy plan, she at least wanted some clear thinking.