73- The Escape From The Dark Forest

╔═══════════════╗

✰THE DA dashed through the Hogwarts courtyard and towards of the forbidden forest, following the directions of Nearly Headless Nick, who claimed he had seen both Harry, Hermione and Umbridge hurrying towards it about twenty minutes prior

THE DA dashed through the Hogwarts courtyard and towards of the forbidden forest, following the directions of Nearly Headless Nick, who claimed he had seen both Harry, Hermione and Umbridge hurrying towards it about twenty minutes prior.

"You don't think they've taken her to the spiders do you?" Asked Ron worriedly as he eyed the entrance to the forbidden forest with trepidation. Ron's encounter in the forbidden forest with Harry in second year had proved rather traumatising and had definitely not helped him overcome his fear of spiders.

"Let's hope not," Liana muttered darkly as she began to jog ahead, leading the group of unlikely looking teenagers into the thicker part of the wood, where the trees were so densely packed as they stretched towards the sky, that very minimal sunlight could filter through.

"Liana wait-" Luna suddenly called for the red haired girl to stop and Liana and the others came quickly to a halt, looking round in concern at Luna.

"There are marks in the soil here, must've been made by some kind of animal but also look- shoe footprints," pointed out Luna to the ground beneath them. Liana, whose favourite subject was care of magical creatures, instantly dropped to her knees in the soil to examine the marks on the ground.

"Centaurs," Liana said out loud after a moments thought. "A whole heard of them."

Ginny glanced around nervously at the violence the hoof marks had been made in the dirt with.

"They don't look like they were in the best mood when they met the others," Ginny mumbled and nodded her head towards how some of the hoof prints had completely destroyed the areas of grass beneath their feet, turning a green blanket of moss to a mud filled pool of broken branches, fallen leaves and tail hairs,

"It might've been a stampede. Centaurs can be very territorial, they are similar to hippogriffs in the sense that they both have certain levels of self superiority and pride. If someone insulted them or injured them- it's highly possible they could've charged all of them," Liana announced, gnawing the inside of her cheek with thought. She wasn't sure where to go from here. On one hand, they could go looking for Harry and Hermione, but they would risk bumping into the angry heard of centaurs. Or they could stay put in the middle of the forest and have to face all the other mysterious creatures who lurked in the depths of the trees.

"Okay- I think we should keep moving, there's much nastier things in the woods than a few grumpy centaurs," Liana decided and she turned and began to keep walking, although her pace was much slower and every twig snapping or leaf crunching would make her jump out of her skin.