Chapter 19 A Night At The Monastery

Your POV

I leaned back extending arms along with the spine of the silver and golden dragon. It was a dark night as we flew to Garmadon's Dojo. It grew closer to eight and by this time, I would be training or sleeping.

"Hang on back there," Lloyd reminded me as a yawn escaped my mouth.

"I am. Just give me some time to- ah... stretch..."

A chuckle came from the front of the dragon, where Lloyd sat.

"Hey, Y/n! If your resting, get up. We are almost there," Cole announced in my ear.

"Yeah! Yeah, I'm getting up," I lifted my body up against Lloyd's.

"You make it sound that they have a house on the back of their dragon," states Kai with a laugh after.

"Well, there isn't, Kai. Now, remember we are landing on the outskirts of the dojo. My father doesn't like weapons," claims Lloyd.

"Yeah, okay. We will see after he sees these babies," Jay said.

"I don't think his opinion will change," I announce holding onto Lloyd as the dragon flew closer to the ground. "Weapons or machines that can fight. Nothing can change that man's mine."

"That's right."

The dragon swooped down to the ground in the open spot for the dragon to land. The ninja could fly closer to the land spot, well we had to land a bit farther.

We jumped off the dragon, disappearing into the air. I waved our dragon goodbye and walked off to where the ninja was.

"Why did the opening spot have to be so far!"

I threw my arms up into the air spinning around, well walking. I found this one of my top talents because I wasn't getting dizzy like I would on crash lands.

"You want a ride to the ninja over there?" Lloyd held out his palm to his left.

"Nah, I'm good. I'll sleep later tonight," I answer squinting to see the colorful ninja far in the forest. "I see them!"

"I do too. They're quite far ahead," comments Lloyd point ahead of us. "Race?"

"Yeah!"

I ran over to a tree and crouched down. A bright light appeared in my hand, as I held it closer to the ground, the grass was slowly bringing off. The light I created from my hand was hot enough to do that.

"We start here," I say standing back up. Lloyd came over to my side. "We start on three."

"Ok, one..."

Does he think I'm letting him win?

"Two-"

I began sprinting with all the power I had in me to get to the ninja. I laughed as I did it because I cheated.

Lloyd is way faster than me, or I'll ever be. So, I wasn't going to let him get ahead of me too easily. I would like to win this race, so if he asks for another race I can say I retired after my win.

Meeting the ninja before Lloyd did. I took advantage of it and crashed into the ground. I laid on my back, in the shape of a starfish, regaining the air into my lungs.

"You cheated!"

"No, I didn't," I said in between breaths.

"Oh, yeah? How?" Lloyd stood above me.

"In my head, I reached three."

"I'll be out before the class starts, I can promise that," I say throwing my bag over my shoulder.