Memory Lane.

"Hello Miss Gilbert

"Hello Miss Gilbert." I Suddenly look up as I watch Damon approach me clothed in formal suit and tie, I watched confused as Damon brings my gloved hand up and places a gentle kiss on my hand before he smiles. "Damon where are we?" I ask as I look around and spot women dressed in the finest of silks as they danced with their beloved partners, the only thing wrong; they looked like the women in Alaric's class history book that I never read but skimmed the pictures, they were clad in dresses that were popular in the late 1800's. "Why Miss I saw you from afar and was entranced by your beauty and thought I would ask for a dance." Damon's states as he offers me his hand, I take the moment to look down for a minute and am shocked that I am too dressed like the beautiful women that pranced around me. Before I could say anything Damon takes my hand Gently and leads me to the ballroom. "Damon what did you do to your hair? What are we doing here?" I ask quickly as Damon spins me around and engulfs me into a dance, his face fills with confusion and suddenly he smiles, "Well silly it's always been this way and I happen to live here and well, you are the most gorgeous woman here." I give him a gentle smile as the orchestra changes it melody and Damon leads me into the next dance, "this must be a dream." I say as I let out a giggle as we spin across the ballroom, "why would you ever think that?" "One you're being too nice, two this isn't Mystic Falls, and three what date is it?" I ask as Damon slows down his place so we could formally speak, "Well one I'm always nice to a beautiful woman, two this is Mystic Falls and three it's the twenty eight of June." I slowly process that information, "Damon what year is it?" "Why it's the fiftieth year of the eighteenth century." Before I could ask a another question a smile fills Damon's face as he yells, "Switch!" Suddenly I'm spinning again and the room suddenly gets brighter all around me before I call out to Damon it all goes black.

"Eliza." "Eliza Honey." Suddenly the white noise disappears and I look up once again into Damon's eyes, "Damon." I say as I try and go for a hug but noticed he was holding my hand in between us, I looked down and suddenly my eyes go wide as I watch Damon slide a simplistic golden ring on my ring finger right next to a beautiful blue diamond ring, what I assumed was an engagement ring."Damon-" but before I could even ask he starts talking again and my full attention is on him, "I Damon Salvatore take you Eliza Gilbert to be my lovely wedded wife to have and to hold through richer or poorer, through sickness and in heath, forever. Eliza when we met on that dance floor I knew I would marry you. You were this strong beautiful minded woman that I couldn't live without. You brought me so much happiness, you kept me alive through the war knowing I would come back to you and hold you in my arms. I will always love you forever and always." My eyes welled up with tears as I watch Damon happily wipe the tears from my eyes, I look over into the beautiful isle surrounded by the enchanting forest I could see my mother and father, i smiled at them as more tears started to stream down my face, I slowly turn back to Damon, "I love y-" before I could finish the white noise was back and I knew the moment was lost.

"Honey." I look up from staring at the blanket and slowly look around at our surroundings, we were at the boarding house, more like outside of it, this I knew was Mystic Falls. "Honey." I give Damon a smile as I look up at him as he was currently holding me, "yes." I ask as Damon gives me a kiss on the cheek, "aren't they beautiful?" I give him a confused look and he gestures with his eyes to look in front of me, I prepare myself mentally as I slowly turn. I watch as a beautiful little girl with Damon's hair being chased by a beautiful little boy with auburn hair, they were laughing as they chased each other, occasionally the little girl would stop and pick up a flower. "O my god." I whisper as I bring my hand up to cover my mouth as I cry out and catch their beautiful blue eyes, but their faces were blurry, some what obstructed even though they were in direct sunlight. "Mommy! Daddy!" A cry escapes me once again as they start to run towards us, but the white noise started again, "no! Please! Let me hold them!" I yell into the air trying so desperately to hang on,to hold our children but time was up and they were gone.