09 | Snow White & The Five Twerps

On a typical morning in the precinct, Captain Namjoon walked out of his office, immediately grabbing the attention of his squadron.

"Can someone explain to me why Officer Kim just left me a note saying he's going to Africa and coming back in two weeks?" he asked.

Jin raised his hand. "Which one?"

Namjoon gave him a disapproving look. "Obviously not you."

"Oh, that makes so much more sense," Jungkook droned as he looked at the tracking application he used for Taehyung. It showed him and Taehyung in different countries, their little icons smiling happily. "I thought he got seriously lost on a coffee run."

"Oh, I know why he's gone," Hoseok spoke up. "It's because of the Annual Easter Banquet that the precincts hold."

"I still don't understand," Namjoon said.

"He doesn't want to participate," Hoseok deadpanned.

"Oh, well, I don't remember participation being a requirement," Namjoon said with a brow raised.

"They always make him the crossdresser," Jimin explained with a shrug. "It's inevitable with his good looks."

━━━━━━━━

"What the fuck?" Taehyung looked up from the script he had been handed. "Why am I Cinderella when I auditioned to be the prince?"

"Someone has to be the princess," Hoseok said with a shrug.

Jungkook raised his hand. "Uh, I auditioned for Cinderella though."

"Yeah, no." Hoseok shook his head. "The tree suits you better."

━━━━━━━━

"Taehyung should be glad that he's at least a human," Jungkook grumbled.

"Well, I'll just cut his paycheck a little this month," Namjoon decided, tossing Taehyung's note in the trash. "Who here is participating in the Easter Banquet for our precinct?"

Jimin raised his hand first. "I have to be in it, of course!"

"Me too!" Hoseok rose his hand. "Yoongi, you should do it this year for once."

"No way in hell," Yoongi retorted.

Jin lowered his voice so only Yoongi could hear him. "It's Snow White this year. If you're the prince and Hoseok's Snow White, you can kiss him."

Yoongi paused.

"You know what, acting's always been a great passion of mine," Yoongi said. "I'm in."

Hoseok grinned. "Great. Since Captain and Jin aren't doing it, we need all hands on deck."

Jungkook spoke up. "Oh, in that case—"

"No!" Jimin exclaimed. "You're not going!"

Jungkook's face twisted into a sour expression. "What? It's my precinct. Why wouldn't I go?"

Red crept up Jimin's cheeks. "Fuck off and take the night off."

"Captain!" Jungkook whined, looking at Namjoon.

Namjoon gave him a blank stare. "I won't concern myself with your private issues."

Jungkook whined again. "Come on!"

━━━━━━━━

"So, the play is tomorrow and we're practicing now?" Jimin asked, shooting Hoseok a glare. "Wait till I tell the Captain about this. Your job's on thin ice."