thirty one

Eve's POV

"What are you doing?" Harry asked confusedly, setting his briefcase down and sliding his coat off his shoulders. He looked bewildered, eyes wide and brows scrunched together as he peered at me sitting on the floor, a bucket of water and some rags scattered around me, and a vast amount of dust lingering in the air.

"I cleaned your bookshelf, it's been bugging me for a while. You're welcome," I chided, standing up and wiping my wet hands against my jeans. Harry's brows angled down even more, moving to stand next to me to look at the shelf. There wasn't one piece of dust left on any surface, every photo frame and every book clean and put back tidily.

"It wasn't that bad," Harry mumbled, looking down at me like I had done something wrong.

"Please, there were cobwebs and everything," I exclaimed, placing the last few photo frames that I had been cleaning back into their rightful places. Harry only had photos of a select amount of people, there was one of him and Gemma, a countless number of him and Alice and a few work related ones. The only one that irked me was the one with him and Alice with Geena, probably kept there for Alice's sake. I made sure I put it behind all the others.

"You didn't have to do that," he muffled, winding his arm around my waist and pulling me into his side. I shrugged and nestled against him, enjoying the warmth that always seems to radiate from his tall body. His fingers rose to the side of my chin, tilting my face up towards him and pressing his lips to mine. It was a soft graze, and his lips were cold from the chilly weather outside.

I grinned lazily at the shivers that flowed through my body. I rose up on my toes to push against him a little harder, opening my mouth ever so slightly, just enough for our lips to slot together. They fit perfectly, and a low hum vibrated from Harry's throat, both his arms slipping down to my hips and pulling me flush against him.

My arms travelled up his chest, encircling his shoulders to hang loosely around his neck. Everything was soft and sweet, our noses bumping together gently as Harry's tongue ran along the seam of my lips. He pushed it leniently into my mouth, my entire body going lax in his arms whilst he licked tenderly, all sharp inhales and digging fingertips.

"Hmmm, that was nice," he breathed, pulling back to press his lips to my nose.

"Sure was, Peach," I smiled lazily, my eyes wavering to what I had really been wanting to show him since he got home.

"I found these too," I added, shuffling out of his hold and walking to the couch to hold up the two photo albums I found whilst cleaning out the bookshelf. "They were shoved right to the back... Thought you might want to look at them."

"There's a reason why they were back there," He snapped, anger settling over his features,

The mood had gone from playful to livid within just a few seconds, Harry's eyes burning holes in the albums that were in my hands. Perhaps there was a reason why they were right at the back and out of sight, but it didn't give him the right to talk to me like I knew the reason why.

"I'm sorry," I stuttered, "I didn't know you had a problem with them, I mean, they're only photos of you as a ba-"

"You looked at them?" He imperiled, taking a step towards me.

"I only looked at the first page," I reasoned, smiling once I remembered one of the pictures, "I didn't know you had blonde hair as a kid."

Harry's eyes seemed to soften at my words, surprise replacing the anger that was set hard on his face. He glanced from me, to the albums, then back to me, shoulders slouched and body starting to relax from the mere sight of the large books he probably hadn't laid eyes on since he'd moved here. He took a few steps forward, embracing me in a tight hug and lowering his mouth to my ear, his warm breathe tickling my skin.