IX

My eyes devoured him whole while he soaked in green light

My eyes devoured him whole while he soaked in green light. There was a blaring siren and flashing red alarms, courtesy of us releasing Weapon X from his cage twenty minutes ago. I barely heard it though. Instead I stared at Peter through the glass, smitten within my own personal silence.

His energy withstood the anarchy, a pinpoint of utter relief.

My fingernail eagerly tapped against the glass separation. I saw the refractions off of his silver locks dart upwards, and after lifetimes of waiting our eyes finally met each other in the center of the distance. The glass ate his voice before I could hear him, but his mouth spelled out while he pointed directly at me,
"That's my awesome girlfriend!"

I rolled my eyes through the glass with a smirk, motioning my hands toward the sides of the room, away from the door. Kurt warned though the static of a microphone,
"Get away from the door!"

The group of them shot us a confused look, and Peter cups his palm by his ear, mouthing,
"We can't hear you, dude!"

He looked straight to me, straining to understand. I pointed directly toward the door, motioning again to move away. His pupils dilated when he understood, shouting to the others, "The door! The door!"

A sudden burst of light, and the titanium door was incinerated. Scott adjusted his glasses back onto his face, Jean standing beside him.

"We know where the Professor is," she said.

"And we might have found a way out of here," Scott added, double checking his glasses were secure.

Kurt puts an arm around me, attempting to warn before teleporting, "Watch out!"

In another poof of obsidian smoke the two of us appeared exactly beside Peter. He stumbled backward, startled at first by our sudden appearance, "Jesus!"

"Oh, sorry," Kurt shyly muttered.

Peter abruptly pulled me to his chest, running his fingers through my hair while I submerged myself in the warmth of his energy. I parted my lips to say something, but was interrupted by the sudden collision of our mouths, deep and long-awaited. He remarked as we pulled away, my skin illuminated ultra-bright,
"That freaking blowed. I'm never running ahead of you again."

I brushed a strand of hair from his face with a smile, "Peter, we both know that's not true." My hand moved to the side of his face as I added, glancing between him and Hank, "Are you okay? They didn't do anything to you guys, did they?"

Hank shook his head and Peter answered,
"Nope. I think the people here are just a bunch of arrogant tools that like to talk a lot of crap." He took my hands in his and examined my fingertips, "That message, it gave me the creeps. That must have been terrible, are you alright?"

"Was paralyzed for a couple minutes," I confess, "but I'm okay. It kind of accidentally got me out of a rough spot."

"I missed you. More than the Pink Floyd cassettes."

I placed another kiss on his cheek, "I missed you more than the Floyd and the Stones cassettes, combined."

"Hate to break up the weird little love fest that's going on here," we turned our gaze toward Raven as she finished, "but there are currently people looking to kill us right now. So I suggest we find that way out you all were talking about."

"This way," Scott told us, leading us to the aircraft deploy shed we stumbled across earlier.

We ran weaving left and right around the dead bodies of the facility guards. I held my breath, wincing in pain as we passed them by, sickened with guilt by the knowledge that I could revive them. Peter watched me, taking my hand, trying to distract me from the death,
"How did you guys find us?"

"Well, we were almost captured for a second there. And then we released this thing, this man. I'm trying to put my finger on it because I swear I know him."

"You...released some guy from a cage?"

"He wasn't just some guy. They did something to him, experimented on him. His energy was off. Instinctual like an animal or something."

The group of us turned a corner and streamlined down a black corridor. Peter remarked, "Cool. I mean, you know, not cool that his brains were all shaken up, but cool that he saved you guys. Even though his methods are pretty disgusting."

We all came to a stop within the shadow of a massive plane, towering over us with an intimidating sort of height.

"Hey, Hank. You think you can fly this thing?" Raven inquired, staring up in awe.

"Yeah, I can figure it out," he replied, hiding his intimidation beneath his blue skin.

"Hey guys," we peer our heads back to Scott, who's standing beside a case of black armored uniforms, "flight suits."

Peter leaned over and whispered into my ear, his breath warm against my cheek,
"Do you remember when we saw the World's Largest Ball of Twine in Kansas, and I unraveled and re-raveled it in two seconds?"

"Yeah?"

He smirked and his eyes glimmered with an charmingly odd sort of excitement as he added, "I think whatever's about to go down next is going to be ten times cooler."

I just shoved my hands into my pockets, agreeing, "I think you may be right this time, Quicksilver."

The glass case shattered open, and we lootEd the black fabric off of the bodies of the mannequins.

Raven lightly nudged Hank in the arm,
"You got your warplane." We all gathered around the collection of suits, basking in nervous anticipation, "Let's go to war."

Author's Note:
Hey amazing people!
Cool merch I hand-drew for this fanfic and others is now available at:
https://www.zazzle.com/store/thecatgurl

And for all you fellow #brokegang out there lol, you can get 15% off your order by applying the code SUMMERFLASH3 (the code tends to change every couple days) as you check out!

Standard Prices:
Phone cases - vary by model
T-shirts -  $21.35
Pins -  $3.60

Thank you for all your support. Love you all tons!

-thecatgurl =^._.^=