four

/LISA/

I kept on running, music blaring through my earphones into my ears. I had put on a black legging, white non-sleeved t-shirt, and running shoes. The chilly weather slapped my skin with coldness, but I didn't shiver. I had enough warmth beneath me to protect me from the cold.

I had aimed to run until I finally ran into the big barrier walls of the Manoban Estate. But the longer I run, the impossible it seemed to find the tall walls. I had passed the lake three times, but I had not yet to encounter any barriers.

This estate once belonged to my ancestors in the early XIX century. He, Alexander Manoban, lived here with his wife, Maria, and his kids. I could say that he's my favorite of all my ancestors because he shared the same ability as me; elemental manipulation.

He had built the estate on his own, I didn't know how, but only in two and a half years, this big castle was done. Along with the forest surrounding it, the massive lake, and the small hill far hidden before the lake; which I had just discovered today.

Maybe that's why I feel so welcomed here. Like the trees, birds, fishes, water, and everything above the ground greeted me with such a happy energy every time I'm around.

The fact that I had a lot in common with their master, their inventor, Alexander Manoban.

Not only our abilities that matched. I had been told by Dad that I looked a lot alike like him, who was his grandfather. And when I first time came across his big painting on the living room, I agreed right away. In his painting, he looked about in the late 20s, but he looked as wise as ever. He almost looked like a whole king to me.

We had shared the same blonde locks, a prominent nose, plump lips, perfect teeth, and broad shoulders, which I'm most proud of. Every living creature would admit that he's one good looking young man.

His wife, Maria, was someone I adored a lot. She had this cat-like eyes that gave both warmth and cold sensation every time you looked inside them, a beautiful, long, dark brown hair, pearly skin, and of course a sweet, motherlike smile.

I had imagined my future partner to look like her.

I shook off my thoughts, feeling silly for thinking about a partner when I didn't even go outside the estate regularly. Except for business importance, of course.

I didn't attend university to continue my education because I thought it would be useless. I mean, it's not like I would be a doctor or an architect like I had dreamt to be. My life was already planned even before I was born.

As the eldest and only son, Jace was given the free will to decide his own future. And he had decided to be a doctor. Apart from his doctoral degree, he also had this ability to understand the human body and to heal it, without mechanical properties the general doctors would need.

And I, being the second child and first daughter, was gifted the family's company. My family had had this business involving diamonds and pearls ever since centuries ago. Right now, the chairman position was held by my father, Marco Manoban. But on my 22nd birthday, which was next year, I would be the head of Manoban Corps.

That's why I'm not very much allowed to roam outside the Manoban Estate, because I was obliged to spend my days helping my dad, learning how to be a decent leader of the Manoban Corps.

I had always admired dad as the chairman of Manoban Corps. He's strict, powerful, and as flawless as the head of Manoban Corps should be.