Chapter 22

Jung kook looked over the card he received that morning again and again. He was lost in thought when Hyunjoo came into his office. He walked to the desk and looked at Jungkook in a daze before turned his gaze to the card.

"Have you decided to go or not?" 

Jung kook jumped out and turned to Hyunjoo glaring at him but later he turned his attention to the card again.

"I don't know hyung."

"Just go Jungkook. Have a little fun for a while."

"But it's a Kim's party."

"It's just a congratulatory dinner event. You can make new acquaintance and establish links. I'm sure that guy Kim Namjoon invites other distinguish people to come the party."

Jung kook thought over the idea and slowly nodded his head. He looked at Hyunjoo again.

"Yeah you right. But I need a companion to come with me."

"You mean a date partner." Hyunjoo raised his single brow with a slight smirk. Jung kook rolled his eyes.

"Yes."

"How about Y/n?"

"Is she going to accept?"

"Dude. You're not actually nervous aren't you? It's not like you asking her out for a date."

"I know but I can't help feeling it."

"You like her, do you?" Hyunjoo asked concerned.

Jung kook shrugged ignoring the question. It's not like he ignored it but he don't know how to answer. 

"I'm not intruding your privacy Jungkook but it's normal for you to like her. But, yeah, I have to agree love is quite a complicated thing."

"Honestly I don't know how to handle this kind of love thingy. Seriously it can be awkward."

"But you'd dated before."

"It was just a date. No feeling involved. I don't have a problem with that. But with Y/n, I'm scared. Scared of everything but still can't help to keep fall and fall in its trap."

"Wow, what a word. Actually love is not a trap. Its just people don't treat the love how it was suppose to be. We ended hurting or getting hurt. But its worth to try. There always people who can love us like we love them. Keep searching and be patient."

"Yeah I know. But I'm scared if I hurt Y/n like my father did to mother."

"Jung kook, it's your father not you. You are different."

Jung kook knew that. He always kept in his mind that he doesn't want to be like his father.

"I'm asking Y/n to go with me." Jung kook firmly said.