Book 1 ~ Chapter 4

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

Korra was practicing her airbending with Tenzin and his kids. She approached me wearing an airbender outfit. I couldn't help but laugh at the sight of Korra, who glared at me.

"Now, Korra, this exercise requires you to go through these doors without touching them," Jinora instructed.

Korra and I looked at the many doors on the small pedastal.

"Doesn't seem that hard," I said.

I thought wrong as soon as Jinora blew gast of wind, causing the doors to move constantly making them a difficult maze. Jinora took out a leaf and blew it onto the doors. The leaf slowly made its way to the other side, without any scratch or torn. I was amazed by the airbender's techniques.

"You have to be like the leaf and flow with the wind so that you can pass through the doors like this," Jinora said. She stepped onto the platform and moved gracefully through the doors, and reached the end in one swift movement.

Korra smirked, and took her own turn. She ran into the doors, only to be constantly hit by them.

"Be the leaf!" Jinora shouted.

"Flow with the wind!" Meelo shouted.

Korra got knocked down to the floors by the moving doors. She got up angrily and blasted the wooden doors with her firebending. The wooden doors burned.

"Those were ancient!!" Tenzin complained. "You need to learn to be calm,"

Korra rolled her eyes and stomped away. Tenzin deeply sighed, and turned to me.

"Be the lead you say," I mocked, "How do you expect her to be calm when she's already mad in the first place,"

"She has no right to be mad at me," Tenzin said.

"Look, she can learn to be calm if she does this in an environment she likes," I explained.

"And where would that be?" Tenzin asked.

"Well, she interested in Pro-Bending," I said quickly. Tenzin scoffed.

"I told you, I'm not letting her near anything related to Pro-Bending," Tenzin paused, "I don't even know why I'm talking to you about teaching Korra, you don't have much experience teaching someone,"

I glared at Tenzin.

"Yes, I know I don't have any experience at teaching someone, but I do know what it feels like to be somewhere you don't wanna be at all," I said before I stomped away.

All my life, I've been in the Fire Nation. I've been kept their for "protection" but I knew it was because I was an untrained firebender with a blue flame, who just wanted to be free.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨

Later that night, I climbed out my window, and knocked on Korra's window. She opened it and looked at me with a shocked expression.

"Come on," I said, Korra smiled.

We found ourselves at the edge of the cliff. At the bottom was the sea, and on the opposite side was the Pro-Bending Arena. I didn't think this idea through that well. I had to find someway to get to the other side. As if she read my mind, Korra suddenly took my hand and jumped into the water. Korra created an airhole and launched us to the opposite side of the sea, using her waterbending. Soon, we rose up to the surface to gasp for air. Korra spotted an open window, and took my hand once more. She created a water tornado, giving them an easy access into the window. We jumped through the window and landed safely on the ground. We were in a long hallway.

"Don't do that to me again," I breathed out. Korra laughed.

"Hey! What are you doing in my gym!!" an old man at the end of the hall shouted. He approached the us, with his hands on his hips.

"We were just looking for the bathroom," Korra lied. He scoffed.

"Oh Please, I've heard that excuse before," the old man said.

"They're with me," a voice said behind them. I turned around, and I widened my eyes.

"Bolin!" I said surprised.

"I've got this, you can go now," Bolin said to the old man who walked away.

"Thanks Bolin," I said, He smiled.

"No problem, anything for a friend," Bolin said, he looked at Korra.

"Oh! Bolin, This is Korra," I said.

"Hello," Korra waved.

"Hi," Bolin waved back. "Are you guys here to watch the match?"

"Yes, I'm sorry I wasn't able to go yesterday," I said. Bolin smiled.

"It's okay, you can finally meet my brother," Bolin said excitedly.

Bolin opened a door that led to a small locker room with a great view of the arena. Korra grew excited immediately.

"Bro!" Bolin called. There were two other guys in the room.

"This is my brother, Mako, and that's Hasook," Bolin said.

"I thought I told you to stop bringing your fangirls here, Bolin," Mako said. He seems quite mean in my opinion.

"They're my friends," Bolin said.

"Wait a minute, You're Mako! The guy I heard on the radio!!" Korra said excitedly.

"Whatever, Let's go, we have a game," Mako said as he put on his helmet and walked past us.

"Don't mind him, Just stay here and watch," Bolin said as he followed Mako.

Hasook passed me as well, but not before smiling at me. I smiled back. He's cute.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! THE FIRE FERRETS," the commentator announced and the games begun.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
AUTHORs NOTE:
This chapter was edited but nothing from the storyline has been changed.