Chapter 13

Ami sat in her dressing room, preparing for the show. As she applied a little more mascara, she felt someone's arms snake around her and a chin being placed on her shoulder. She looked in the mirror to find none other than Josh, grinning ear to ear mischievously.

Ami snorted, "Way to invite yourself in." Josh grinned, "You know I just can't resist seeing the most beautiful person in the world. Ami's face went red, "Will you quit flirting with me?! It's cute but I have to focus!" Josh snickered burying his face in the crook of her neck. She sighed reaching a hand up to play with his hair. She looked up, deciding her makeup was good enough and her wig was okay.

Josh stayed for a moment, enjoying the female's presence and then got back up, "I'll see you on the stage, princess." He kissed her on the cheek and walked off. Ami smiled gently, he was being quite brave with the constant affection and flirting considering they weren't officially boyfriend and girlfriend.

She turned back to the mirror, doing a few last minute touch ups and then heading backstage. She met up with Josh at their wing and he grinned when he saw her walk up, "There's my Katherine!" She laughed, hooking arms with him as everyone began to get to their places. The overture began playing and Josh slipped his hand into hers, squeezing it gently.

The two watched as Dan and Zach began Santa Fe, still holding hands. Josh looked down at her as the song began and whispered, "So... Are you going to be staying with the tour?" Ami looked up at him, biting the inside of her cheek, "I'm not sure. I've missed the thrill of the stage but..."

Josh frowned, grabbing both her hands, "Please, Ami.... Stay with me, stay on tour, I really don't know what I'd do without you." Ami smiled gently and was about to reply when their cue came up. She walked out on stage with Josh, saying her lines and managing to make it through without messing up. She felt proud of herself, she was doing so well for not having acted in a long time.

She smiled to herself as she and Josh walked offstage. Josh hugged her then ran off to go change into his newsie costume. She walked back to her dressing room, making sure her wig was all right and then walked backstage again. She watched from the wings as they began The World Will Know.

She watched Josh, wishing she could've spoken to him before they had to go onstage but she knew he'd be back at intermission. As Watch What Happens approached she tried to hide her smile as she turned to the audience, "Write it good.."

She began singing, feeling fully immersed in being Katherine. She always enjoyed acting, really and truly. She felt as though she could be anyone and not be judged. The audience, other than fansies who followed her Instagram, didn't really know who she was. They just saw her as Katherine Plumber or some random girl playing a character in a musical. She enjoyed that feeling. It gave her freedom and a choice to be who she wanted and not have to live up to other people's expectations.

As she belted out the last note, she jumped on her "desk," the audience clapping as it was pulled offstage. She smiled when she entered the wings, being greeted by a hug from Josh before he had to go on. She hugged back before pushing him forward so he could go onstage.

They finished Act 1, Ami running off to her dressing room. Josh quickly changed into his taps and followed her, watching quietly as she put on her taps as well. She turned to him, "Listen, Josh—" "You can't leave, please. I don't even know if I'd ever be able to see you again! Please..." Ami looked up at him, cupping his face with her hand, "Well it's a good thing we've already extended the contract to the rest of the tour." Josh beamed, "Really!?"

Ami laughed, nodding. Josh picked her up by the waist and spun her around. When he put her down he hugged her as tightly as he could without hurting her. Josh pulled away, holding her face in his hands, "I can't express the joy I feel with words, princess"

She giggled, both of them sitting down. Josh looked at her, "Listen... You clearly know that I like you... like a lot. But I have a confession to make. When I first met you, it almost felt like slow motion. I had this strange feeling that my life had suddenly found a new path. I feel like you're something very important in my life. It's almost as if... My life is a train and you just turned it from its original path to a whole new one. I really do think that... You're supposed to be in my life forever."

Ami nodded, "I... I have the same feeling.." Josh grinned, "Really!? I'm honestly kind of relieved I'm not the only one who feels this.."
Ami looked up at him, "I think... I think I want to give you a chance... I want you to be my boyfriend." Josh stared down at her, shocked by how blunt and abrupt her confession was. Ami blushed, "Sorry was that too quick, um.."

Josh shook his head, kissing her quickly but gently, filled with love, "I'd love to be your boyfriend, princess." The girl smiled, "Well this is sweet and all but... we have a show to continue in 5 minutes and we really shouldn't keep the audience waiting." Josh shot up, "Holy shit my makeup!" Ami laughed as he ran off, making her way backstage to finish the show.

Life is a void. I have no purpose.

I'm sick ): but when one is dedicated one must deliver so here's a chapter

I also put up a Racetrack Higgins story I'm working on (Has been published) and am working on a Frankie Valli from Jersey boys story (has not been published)  because my life is boring and I gotta do something other than screaming my lines for my show and jamming out to music