1

'My Queen, the governess is here.'

Queen Ravenna, the Second Wife of King Samuel III of Dithrai; Mother to the Fiyur-Shalom; the most powerful women in the entire Supernatural realm, turned her attention toward the butler who stood at the center of the hall. Her tall and slender figure was covered by a heavy fur coat. Her pale face and deep red eyes made her look more like a monster than a Queen. She was nothing like the deceased First Wife but she had managed to catch the King's attention. 

'Bring her here,' the coldness in her voice struck the empty room and echoed back. The butler tried not to show what he was feeling. He wanted to flee and never return. He bowed and left the room as fast he could. He pitied the beautiful governess who would tutor the Tristar's children. A quite time with the Queen would surely scare her. 

The governess was brought to her room. The Queen had already taken her seat at the round tea-table, waiting patiently for the girl to show up. The years had gone by, the girl had grown and it was about time she came back. The bond-chalice had bound her son to the girl for eternity, even if it was not shared intentionally. The girl could understand him in a way she could never. It was the only way to get her son away from the grip of the curse that had torn him away from his parents. 

She had tried so hard to free him without the girl but it was becoming worse. She was the last option. The strong aura around the Queen weakened when she thought about her son, the Crown Prince. 

'She's here, My Queen,' The butler announced. 

The Queen couldn't bear to look at the girl. She stared outside the window, absorbing the white carpet of snow that lay on the other side of the huge window. She ushered his away with a wabe of her hand. He bowed and left the girl inside. 

'You are the new governess.' 

 The girl did not know how to reply. She was sure it was not a question. 'Yes, My Lady.' 

The Queen drew in a deep breath and turned to formally acknowledge the girl. She was taken aback but years of diplomacy had taught her how to hide her surprise. The girl had grown into a beautiful woman. She had an aura that rivaled her own. A ray of hope warmed the Queen's heart. She gave her a small smile, 'Please, have a seat.' 

She watched her taken her seat opposite to her. She reached for the kettle that was placed on the table along with two tea-cups. 'Do you want some tea, child? It is quite cold today.' 

'Yes, My Lady.' 

The Queen poured her a cup of tea and then for herself. 'What is your name?' She asked even when she knew everything about her. She was in a way aiming for small talk. The girl smiled, 'My name is Amara, My Lady.' 

'You have any surname to go with that?' 

'I do not know if I have one, My Lady, I was raised in an orphanage.' 

'I apologize, Amara,' the Queen shook her head. To this day, the Queen could not find any traces of the girl's lineage. She had witches and warlocks try to coax information out of her but they were all in vain. She finally gave up and sent her away to the orphanage. She made sure that the girl got the best education. She had one of the Royal tutors sent there undercover to educate her lest she became a Queen one day. 

Amara shook her head and sipped her tea. 

'Do you want to be the governess to the Tristar's children?' 

'It would be my honor, My Lady.'

'It shall be done then. You will meet the Tristar and the Shalore before you meet the children. If they approve of you, which I am sure they will, all of your things will be moved here by dawn.' She paused and sipped her tea, 'Now if you are done, please leave. Martha will meet you outside, please ask her about the rules and regulations here.' 

Amara placed her empty teacup on the table, 'Thank you, My Lady.' She got up and bowed. 

The Queen dismissed her with a wave of her hand and watched her as she left the room. Her son would arrive a few days later after crushing another rebellion led by a griffin. He stayed longer than he had to, she knew it. He would have crushed it in the first half of the month but he stayed because he did not want to come home. He always found ways to stay away from home. 

'He will be fine,' she told herself as she got to her feet. She walked toward the door, her mind made up to meet the King, her husband, and tell him about the girl being back.