Chapter 5

"Momma, When will Dad come?" Shezan asked tapping his feet.

"He'll be here at anytime!" I said folding his clothes.

"It's been two days since I had talked to Dad properly" he gave a sad look.

"Regarding what Son?" I asked back.

"Just like that! He's been so busy these days." He pouted.

"Don't be upset, Shezan. Surely, something important, is keeping up your dad busy!!" I said kneeling down to his level.

"I know..." He sighed.

"Tomorrow is Sunday and you don't have school, neither your dad will go to office tomorrow. So spend your day with him" I said smiling.

"Oh yes! I forgot...now I'm happy!" He said smiling.

"Good" I said ruffling his hair.

"Momma, can I eat dinner with you both?" He asked.

"Of course, dear" I smiled back.

"Momma, when are we gonna visit Mommy?" He asked.

"In Sha Allah, soon!" I replied.

After folding his clothes and rearranging his Almirah, I went to my room. After freshening up and changing into a white pyjama with pink polka dots all over it and a grey tee, I left my hair open, I applied lip balm and then plopped down on my bed.

Shezan was downstairs watching Cartoon.

Where must be he? Has he got done with his work? Thousands of Questions ran through my mind and I decided to stop them by calling him.

Knowing very well that he won't pick up my call, he picked up!!

"Hello?"

"Assalamualaikum" I said

"Walekumasalam" he replied

"Where are you?"

"On my way. Any prob?" He asked

"No...Shezan is waiting for you. He said he'll eat dinner with you" I said

"Okay." With that he ended the call.

After sometime, I went down and sat down beside Shezan.

"Shezan, come I'll give you your dinner"

"No Momma, I'm gonna eat with Dad"

"But your sleepy, my child"

"No"

"Shezan!"

"Momma...pleaaasseeee"

"Fine, but, within ten minutes if your dad doesn't come then you'll have your dinner and will go to bed!" I said firmly.

"Okay Momma!" He smiled.

Not even a minute passed, the doorbell rang.

Shezan didn't missed a second also to smirk at me as he ran to open the door.

"Dadddyyyy" he said loudly as he opened the door. Ashar smiled before picking him up in his arms.

"His Queen!" Nafisa's words rang in my ear.

I couldn't help but stare at him.

He looked at me for a second, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion before he shrugged it off and started walking upstairs taking Shezan with him.

In the meantime, I decided to set the table. Nafisa and Sarah have already gone to their staff quarters.

"Momma, I'm hungry!" Shezan shouted.