( Short)

2 Weeks Prior

2 Weeks Prior.

Jabri Hampton

I sat in the truck, finishing the blunt I lit after leaving Reem spot. He chewed my ass out and he probably shoulda furred my shit for putting my hands on Ashlee'. Pops would really fight me over this shit cus' he raised me better than that.

Part of me wanted to go back to her crib and get Lex but I was tipsy and I knew it would turn into some other shit if I did. Granted, I didn't have parental rights to Lex but I did raise her. She was mine. I didn't want Ashlee' to feel like I was tryna take her place. Me taking Lex from her would make Ash go back to her spiteful shit, and then the police would get involved.

More shit I didn't need.

Corey was already a handful and I could barely take care of him. Lex was younger so she would require more attention, which I couldn't give her right now. I was tryna better myself and take care of those around me but it seemed like I couldn't do both at the same time. Every time I think I'm doing something right, a buncha wrong follows up.

I finally pulled off from Reem spot, in route to Rai's. She didn't respond to my message so I knew for sure she was sleep. I was about to wake that ass up though. I dialed her number and waited for her to answer after pulling up to her place.

"Babe, what and why?" She whined sleepily in my ear. I chuckled. "Wake that ass up and let me in." I told her. "I'm only hitting it once so you better be at the door." She hung right up. I ran my hand down my face thinking about how I would tell her this shit. Rai' tolerated no disrespect at all and even though the incident didn't happen with her, I knew she would still feel a way about it.

"You have a really bad habit of popping up random hours of the night and demanding shit." She sassed as she opened the door for me. I smirked and looked over her. She had my t-shirt on. "Shut up, you missed me. You wearing my shirt." I pointed out as she rolled her eyes and tried to walk away. I pulled her into me and squeezed her, kissing her lips. "Get off of me." She giggled. "You okay?" She looked up at me. "Nah, not really. Let's go upstairs though." I tried to brush it off real quick, now pulling her up the steps.

"We are not having sex. I'm wore out and we both have to work in the morning." I laughed. "What that mean?" I wondered. "It means let me go back to sleep...after we talk about what's bothering you." We made it to the room. She got back in bed, snuggling into the blanket. I started to strip, getting ready to take a shower. I had a few passes but Rai' had a strict rule about getting in her bed before showering. Especially with the weed and liquor on me.

"Don't go to sleep." I told her. "Um hm." She mumbled lowly, closing her eyes. "Get up!" I pulled her leg. "Forreal Bae, I gotta holla at you." My tone became serious making her sit up in the bed. "What did you do?" She looked scared for me to even answer the question. "Something I'm not happy about but I'ma fix it." I said more to myself than her.