Chapter Two

The next day.

The Slytherin dorms barely had any windows. The one closest to Lena's bed was high up, but when morning came, light travelled through it at full brightness. Lena scrunched her face up and lifted the covers over her head. She wasn't hungry for breakfast. She shouldn't go. Then again, she should probably eat something.

As she slid out of bed, Lena opened the trunk at the end of it and peered inside. Taking out her freshly washed uniform, she slung on her black skirt, black tights, white shirt, black jumper and Slytherin robes. Finally, she wrapped her tie under her collar and tucked it under her jumper.

Looking at herself in the long mirror propped up against the wall, she sighed and brushed her hair. Another day.

~~~

The Grand Hall was rather quiet this morning. Lena noticed a lot less people, but it was still quite crowded. She looked over at the long Slytherin table and perched herself on the quietest side at the end.

The feast laid out in front of her did not improve her appetite. Instead, she placed a shiny red apple on her golden plate and placed her elbows on the table, resting her head in her palms.

Although a lot of people instinctively feared her for her house and her last name, some students found it better to insult her. Lena was used to zoning out and ignoring their sly comments and threats to cast spells on her. No one ever had cast a spell on her, actually; Although, she had been beaten up more times than she can remember. Luckily, healing spells were embedded in her brain and she looked back to normal in no time.

~~~

Kara sat in between her friends, tucking into a large breakfast. Her smile was plastered on as she ate, ignoring her sister's concerned comments of
"Slow down." Or "You'll choke if you're not careful."

After she had finished her plate full, she placed her hands on her lap and sighed. Her gaze darted around the room.
"What are you- Kara?" Alex asked, leaning in slightly. "What are you looking for?" She finished when Kara finally looked at her.

"N-No one. I mean nothing!" She let out a nervous laughter, but it was immediately cut off when her eyes fell on a figure in the distance. "I'll be back in a minute."

Kara rose from the bench and walked around the large table until she ended up at the end of the Slytherin table. "Hi." She managed to choke out, not realising she had almost lost her voice when she looked down at the Slytherin.

Lena quickly glanced up in shock. "I'm Kara. Kara Danvers." With a strange stare, Lena tilted her head and parted her lips to answer, but couldn't. Why was someone talking to her?

Kara's eager smile turned to a worried expression. She pointed to the empty space opposite her, asking "Can I sit here?"

Lena evidently gulped and nodded, caught in a wide-eyed gaze as she watched the blonde perch in the seat opposite.

"I'm Kar- Wait, no, I already said that, didn't I? I mean, uh, I'm the person- Well, no, you're the person- I-I think." Kara stuttered, getting lost as she gazed at the raven haired girl's bright green eyes staring confusedly back at her. She breathed out slowly and started over. "I think you're the person I saw last night."

Lena swiftly lifted her head out of her hands and placed them on the table.
"Oh." She quietly spoke. "The person trying to find your friend." Lena confirmed, trying to make it sound like a question, but it was more to remind herself.

Kara nodded with a weak smile. "Did you find him?" Lena asked, raising an eyebrow. The blonde opened her mouth but then closed it, trying to remember what the girl had asked. All she could think about was her beautiful features.

"What?" She asked.

"Your friend... did you find him?"

"Oh! No, no I didn't, but I did this morning, so... yes?" Kara mentally scolded herself for acting like an idiot and looked away.

Lena lightly smiled when she wasn't looking, taking in every feature of the girl. Kara looked back and Lena dropped her smile, biting her lower lip to hide it. "May I know your name?"

"Lena." She muttered, lowering her head slightly, hoping the burning in her cheeks wasn't noticeable.
"Lena....? You don't have a last name?"

Lena kept her head down and lifted a hand to her cheek. She thought about how many people despised her because of her last name. How it affected every friendship she had. Luthor.
Lena Luthor.
Lena Luthor.

"It's uh... Luthor. Lena Luthor." She mumbled, waiting a few seconds for the girl to disappear without embarrassment. When she looked up, she saw the blonde girl sat proudly opposite her with a huge grin. In shock, Lena couldn't bring herself to answer when Kara said,
"Well, it was nice meeting you. I better go to lesson. Goodbye, Lena Luthor."