Chapter 36

"Because I am incapable of love. My father grilled it in me that love is for weak. Love makes you weak and then an Alpha doesn't take decisions correctly. I am sorry Jordan, I can promise you happiness and comfort but not love. It is not in me."

"Why can't you try!" I was angry when I realised he was adamant. I don't know what I was fighting for. And why was I fighting for a man who just lied to me all along.

"Because I don't want to try." He said it lowly.

"Then I am leaving." I sighed and he looked up in shock.

"No Jordan please." He begged.

"No Mark. I can't stay with someone so low as you. Please I had enough of the drama in my life and I now want to leave."  I turned towards Victor.

"You will help me right?" I asked him.

"I will." He nodded placing a lock of hair behind my ears.

"Are you sure he will love you ? He just needs an heir." Mark scoffed.

"I don't need love. I need respect and my family."

"And what about our pack?"

"You will choose another Luna tonight." Victor answered his question.

"Now do you realise why I need to take her Tom?"

"Yes your majesty. And my niece will make a fine queen."  Tom smiled at me proudly.

"You need to get some rest dear. I will see you for dinner. Come on Mark and Tom. We have things to discuss."

"But I want to see my parents." I screamed from behind as they were leaving.

"You will see them for dinner. I promise love." Victor was quick enough to hold me in his embrace.
"Trust me I won't dishearten you."

"I don't have that kind of  emotion any more."

He simply nodded at my answer and left as I lied on the bed to fall in a deep slumber.

My eyes opened a few hours later. I decided to go to my former room. I desperately needed a shower.

Not having any idea about the time I stepped in under the shower. I spent around 30-40 mins there and wrapped a towel around my body before I stepped out.
I walked to the closet when the door was slammed open. I tightened my grip on my towel.

"What the hell?"

"Why did you leave the room? I was worried." Stood a very agitated Victor in front Of me.

"To have a bath." I rolled my eyes.
"Now leave I need to change."

Victor softly kissed my forehead and left. I saw him clenching his fist as he reached the door again.

"We will get rid of that mark tonight." He walked out after saying that and I stood blushing.
I immediately changed to some decent jeans and top after that. As I stood in front of the mirror and combed my hair, I heard a knock.

"Come in."

"Hi."

"Jess! It's been so long. I have missed you."
I hugged my best friend. She hugged me back too.

"I am sorry for all what has happened in your life Jordy."

"Don't be crazy. How would you know! It's not your fault."
I laughed and got back to combing my hair. Through the reflection I saw the guilt in her eyes. I turned back to her.

"What are you hiding now Jess?" I asked her sternly.

"I knew it all along. I was one of the guards sent by Victor. After you left Jenna's I was supposed to take you under my protection."

"You knew all along. You knew I was a wolf and about Luke ?"

"I am afraid, yes I did." She hung her head low.

"You could have stopped a lot of my miseries Jess."

"I know I could Jordy, but we are trained to keep shut at any cost. I couldn't even tell Mark."

"I don't know what to say or do. But you need to leave right now."

"I will leave you now, but do not melt. Stay strong on your decision."

"What do you mean ?"

"Leave with Victor. Tonight."

"But I thought you would tell me to be with your brother."

She sighed before she continued.

"I can't tell you to do that. Because Mark is not the one who will keep you happy. You deserve to be happy, you have been through a lot sweet. Now get ready."

And she closed the doors after that.

AN:
I am sorry for the late update. Not keeping to a good health lately.
I know this is a short chapter. But I promise a bigger next chapter.
Thanks for all your love and support. 😘😘