Maybe I Like You

Jisoo

"So then after I rode past her for like the fourth time, she finally looked up and I flashed her a smile and she smiled back! I was so happy! She's so pretty and she had on such an aesthetic outfit and..."

Jisoo was listening to Chaeyoung gush over yet another one of her many girl crushes in the university they were studying in. They all ranged from pastel princesses to monochrome badasses and everyone in between. Jisoo enjoyed watching her talk about them so passionately. It was extremely enduring. Chaeyoung had somehow managed to find exactly 13 girls that, according to her, were absolute goddesses.

Unfortunately for her, she still hadn't taken notice of a fuming mad Jennie who was sitting next to her. Jennie's knuckles were practically white due to her clenching her fists so hard.

Oh boy, Jisoo thought. Chaeyoung's about to get into some major trouble. Yikes.

Jisoo then decided she did not wanna witness the two completely opposite forces that was Jennie and Chaeyoung clash infront of her. Not today at least. So she interjected.

"Uhh yeah she sounds absolutely amazing, Chips. You gotta introduce me one day."

Chaeyoung frowned at the nickname. Originally coined by Lisa as a short version for chipmunk, it seemed Jisoo has picked up on it too.

"You know, I simultaneously love and hate that name. I feel like I should be insulted but I just feel strangely warm inside." She said with a playful pout.

Then she perked up as if struck by a sudden thought.

"Hey! What if that girl and I get close enough for her to call me by that nickname. Or better yet! A nickname of her own!" Chaeyoung said dreamily and it seemed as if this was the last straw for Jennie as she stood up, aggressively grabbed her bag from the bench and stalked towards the dorm buildings.

Chaeyoung looked at Jisoo with raised eyebrows and said. "Woah. What's up with her?"

Jisoo wanted to hug her and strangle her at the same time. How could anyone be so goddamn thick?

"Why don't you go after her and find out?" She replied with a shake of her head.

Gosh, this will either end up with them having some progress with their feelings or with a huge fight. Either way, they will have an actual conversation about whatever is going on and that was what mattered at the moment, what with Jennie being all moody and snappy.

"Oh. Okay yeah. That sounds....yeah." Chaeyoung said, almost in a daze. She walked after Jennie with a confused look on her face. Most probably wondering what she did wrong, because that's who Chaeyoung was. Always thinking it was her fault for everything ever. If there weren't scientific proof for it, she'd take the responsibility of being the cause of global warming on her head. Jisoo thought about Lisa cracking a joke about Chaeyoung's hotness being the cause of global warming and smiled.

The thing was, Chaeyoung tended to overthink anything and everything. Which was another reason this confrontation needed to happen as soon as possible.

Jisoo was left there, alone with her thoughts, wondering why they couldn't just kiss and get it over with and also thinking about where the hell Lisa was.

_______

Chaeyoung

Standing outside Jennie and her's shared dorm room, Chaeyoung couldn't help but feel anxious. If Jennie's earlier angrily stomping off didn't give any indication to how moody she was, then the quiet classical music gently flowing from inside would seal the deal.