96 ~ Nathan?

**TRIGGER WARNING**

Robyn had a cup of tea and some chocolate biscuits in her hand as she went to go and see how Nathan was doing after his breakup with Evan

Robyn had a cup of tea and some chocolate biscuits in her hand as she went to go and see how Nathan was doing after his breakup with Evan. She was climbing the stairs to the boys dormitories and was slightly startled by the deathly silence that she was met by. Everyone else in Hufflepuff was in the Great Hall for lunch but Robyn had taken a trip to the kitchens on her way to see Nathan to try and convince him to eat something. Normally, when the blonde legilimens climbed to see her older friend she could either hear the shouts of them having fun or she could hear their joyful thoughts running through their minds, but this time she heard absolutely nothing...and it worried her greatly. Nathan was the kind of person who was always thinking something, whether it was about Evan's hair that day or what he planned on having for dinner, there was always something running through that boy's mind. Over the last month there had been one specific thing occupying Nathan's thoughts and that was the passing of his mother. Robyn had heard the boy thinking about how his mum had lost the fight to cancer she had been struggling through for almost two years and also how he didn't intend on letting anyone know because of how much he detested pity, so she kept it to herself.

Robyn's breathing quickened as she reached Nathan's dorm and she still couldn't hear a thing. She swallowed nervously and pushed open the door,

"Nathan?" she called out, not seeing him on his bed that lay to the left of the door, "I know you probably don't want to see anyone but I brought you some tea and biscuits, chocolate hobnobs obviously..." she trailed off and frowned when she wasn't met with Nathan rushing to snatch the biscuits out of her hand and stuff at least three in his mouth like he did every other time those certain biscuits were within a two mile radius. Robyn knew Nathan was in his dorm because she had checked with the Marauder's Map prior to leaving Remus at lunch. Placing the biscuits on Nathan's bedside table, she decided to check the bathroom and pushed open the door. At the sight that greeted her in the bathroom, Robyn let out a shrill gasp and the teacup fell from her hands, smashing on the bathroom floor. Ignoring the sound of shattering porcelain, Robyn covered her mouth with her hands and her green eyes filled with tears,

"OhmyGodohmyGodohmyGod...Nathan!" Robyn ran her hands over her face and tried to calm her breathing. Deciding she needed to get someone, Robyn sprinted out of the dorm and down the stairs, her mind running with so many of her own thoughts that it left no room for anyone else's.

~~~

Eloise was sat in the Great Hall, a chicken sandwich in her hand as she finally let herself not think about Regulus. She was laughing heavily at Lily's story about being woken up by James' sleeptalking the night before when she looked up at the sound of the Great Hall doors slamming open. Robyn was running down the length of the Gryffindor Table, tears streaming down her face and her expression worried, completely ignoring the fact that all of the eyes in the Great Hall were trained on her figure. Robyn saw where Eloise was sitting and ran faster towards them,

"Eloise! Rem! Everyone! Follow!" she shouted and turned around, running back out of the Great Hall. Eloise immediately stood up, Sirius grabbing her head and sprinting after Robyn with Remus and James on their tail, Lily having stayed behind to calm everyone down with Peter.

Eloise began to get worried when she saw that Robyn was leading them to the Hufflepuff Common Room. She had noticed that Nathan wasn't at lunch, nor was he in Herbology that morning so she had a slight hunch about what it was all about...though she thoroughly hoped she was wrong. She watched as Robyn tapped the rhythm of Helga Hufflepuff on the barrel in the middle of the second row and the door opened. Eloise worries deepened as Robyn lead them up the stairs to the boys dormitories,

"Robyn, is this about-" Remus didn't have time to finish his question as Robyn pushed open Nathan's door,

"I-in the bathroom." she told them, her voice quiet and fragile, "I can't go in there again..." she whispered and Eloise took a deep breath and followed James and Sirius into the bathroom, being careful to avoid the shattered teacup by the door.

"Holy shit!" she heard James shout and she fully entered the room. The first thing she saw was Nathan's feet, sticking out in front of him as his back was leant against the bath. His head was lolled to the side and was resting on his shoulder. His arms were at his sides, palms facing upwards and wide, red slits visible on his wrists and blood trickling on to the tiled floor, merging with the pool that had already formed. Eloise let out a scream and sank to her knees, covering her mouth and her eyes blurring over with tears. She saw Sirius and James rushing about, James checking his pulse and Sirius performing a reviving spell on him which caused his eyes to flutter open and let out a groan. Nathan's eyes soon closed again and his breathing was shallow after losing so much blood, she felt as though she couldn't breathe, like she didn't have control over her body and all she could do was sit there and watch the world rush by.

"James, you levitate him to the Hospital Wing, I'll get Professor Sprout and Sirius, get Eloise out of here, she's gone white as a sheet. And someone get Evan...he's going to want to know about this." Remus ordered, grabbing Robyn's hand and sprinting out of the room to track down the head of Hufflepuff House.

James performed a levitating spell on Nathan's slumped figure and followed after Remus and Robyn, running as fast as he could to get Nathan to Madame Pomfrey. Sirius crouched down in front of Eloise and pushed her hair out of her face. He wrapped one arm around her back and the other under her legs as he picked her up and left the room after performing a spell to clear up the blood.

"Sirius..." Eloise whispered, catching the boys attention as he walked down the halls,

"Yes?" he asked softly,

"Is Nathan going to be okay?" she asked, her voice cracking,"I don't know, love. I hope so."