Chapter Three

Three days later.

"Hi, Lena Luthor." Kara energetically stated as she skipped into the Slytherin girl's dorm room, after sliding in behind two Slytherin first years. Lena swerved around and clung onto the back of the metal chair. Kara slowed down to a walk and sat on Lena's bed beside the desk.

"What are you doing?" She asked, a smile never leaving her lips. Lena fumbled with her quill and quickly placed it in the ink pot.
"I-I'm studying." She gazed at the curious Hufflepuff and then looked down at her work.

"And what are you studying?" Kara asked, swiftly grabbing the parchment paper and reading the delicate hand writing in awe. "Transfiguration." Lena deadpanned and reached her hands out to retrieve her homework. However, the Hufflepuff leaned back onto the bed and continued to look up at the writing, reading each word.

"Hey, uh- please, give it back!" Lena stumbled out of her chair and reached over. Kara quickly kicked the Slytherin's leg and watched as she lost her balance and fell on top of her. "Ow." She mumbled, staring anxiously down at Kara, who still had a wide grin plastered on.

The two didn't move for a moment, catching their breath. Lena finally looked down and saw the parchment paper. Her eyes widened and she pushed herself off of the bed and onto her feet. "Y-You, you... You!" She gritted her teeth. Kara looked down at the homework, which was now ripped in half. She muttered a swear word and glanced back up to the Luthor.

"I'm- I'm so sorry. I will make it up to you." She placed the pieces on the bed and lifted herself up, leaning on her forearm.
"That's due in tomorrow. And I haven't even mastered the spell to fix it." Lena shrieked, "Professor Grant is going to- going to turn me into... a frog!" Lena tried to contain her anger. She glanced at Kara, who was failing to hold back a giggle.

"Why are you laughing? This is not funny."
"I-I'm sorry. It's just... your eyes change into a darker green when you're angry." Kara laughed and held her stomach. Lena bit the inside of her cheek and then pounced on top of her. She lifted her wand up to Kara's neck and pinned her hand down with her free one.

"You're going to do something about this." She sternly told her. Kara gulped, but didn't look very frightened. Lena furrowed her eyebrows. "Why aren't you afraid? I'm a Luthor." She asked herself. Her eyes widened when she realised she had said it out loud.

Kara slowly moved the wand away from her neck and lifted herself up, now with Lena kneeling on her lap.
"Your last name doesn't matter to me." Kara told her, surprisingly calm. Lena looked defeated as she stared into blue eyes.

"I worked really hard on that. If you don't help me fix it then I will turn you into a frog, whether you're afraid of me or not." Lena deadpanned. Kara smirked and Lena tilted her head, until she realised where she was and scooted off. "Sorry." She mumbled.

The Slytherin sat back on the metal chair and watched as the girl carefully placed the delicate pieces of paper on her lap and took her own wand out. With a flick of her wand, she said
"Reparo." And the paper reattached. Lena watched in fascination and then took the parchment paper, placing it at the back of her desk. "Aren't you a sixth year?" Kara asked all of a sudden. The raven-haired girl stared blankly and choked out an answer.
"Uh, yes. How do you-"

"My sister, Alex, told me that you're in her higher Charms class... even though you're a year below the rest of them. I'm a sixth year too." Kara glanced at her shiny black shoes and tapped the toe ends together. Her lips pushed to one side and she glanced up, nervous that she had said too much.

Lena was still gazing in wonder at the Hufflepuff, but knew better and scooted back in her chair.
"I need to finish studying." She deadpanned.
"Oh, okay. Well, uh... I'll see you at breakfast, tomorrow?" Her voice almost turned into a squeak at the end. Lena just nodded and Kara seemed happy to skip out of the room with a grin.