chapter 8

This is the day, the day I go, the day I leave him.

I didn't even sleep last night. I pretended I was asleep when David came in. He turned on the TV and I peeked to watch it. When I was sure he slept I got off his shoulder and just sat there looking at the screen. Every time I hear him move I close my eyes. He didn't catch me, so when he 'woke me up' in the morning he looked so happy that I slept.

We took a shower and put some loud music on. We screamed the lyrics and danced around like two idiots.

I went upstairs to pack my stuff and heard the doorbell. I was still in my dressing gown.

I walk over to the stairs.

"Is she here already?" I yell.

"No baby it's just my brother"   

"Is that her?" a voice says

"Yeah man" David answers.

"Baby" he laughs quoting David.

"Be right there" I chuckle.

I go in my clothes and pick an outfit and run down the stairs.

"So she doesn't know?"

"What don't I know" I pause.

"Holy shit" he opens his eyes wide open.

"You're beautiful. Oh god, where are my manners? I'm David's brother, Nyle. People refer to me as Nyle or the more handsome child of the family" he put his hand out and I shook it.

David rolled his eyes. "Dramatic bitch"

"Well handsome, I'm Holland" I wink.

"Hey guys, I'm still here"

"We know shit face" he turns to him.

"Can you stop undressing her with your eyes now?" David says mad.

"Hey calm down" I put my hands on his chest and kiss his cheek.

"Well I just came here to say, safe trip Holland, a 'hi' to my brother that I don't see very much and also-" he reached in his pockets. "To give you this. Don't open it now because David might kill me for it."

David gave him a look.

"Calm down Rocky its just a present."

He pats David's shoulder.

"Well, I should get going. See you tonight brother. Love you bro" he hugged David and rubbed his hair.

David rolled his eyes. "I don't even know why I say yes to go out with you and 'party' " he said making air quotes when saying party.

"It will be fuuuuuun. After all, it's been a while since we last hang out brother. See ya" he walked to the door. I ran up behind him.

"Thank you for coming Nyle, but most importantly thank you for the present" I hug him.

"Oh, you're too sweet. It's just a little something to make you happy if David makes you mad. So you can still be happy. Happy all day every day, you have a really nice smile okay. Keep showing it you look gorgeous" he hugged me tighter and lifted me up.

"Well, I hope everything goes well and we will see each other again. If anything happens and you need someone to talk to other than that dude, you have my number in your present okay?"