Chapter Nine

"What do you mean you have to do this!?" Sarina shouted as I stared at the ceiling.

I was now in our room, trying to tell her why I have to marry Xavier, but she wouldn't stop shouting. Xavier and his father left a few minutes ago and Sarina literally dragged me into our room. She then demanded me to tell her everything Xavier and I talked about. I just told her that I have to marry him, but she won't listen.

My eyes followed her as she paced back and forth thinking about a way to get me out of this mess. I know that she hates to see me like this, but I have no choice. I have to marry him. I narrowed my eyes at my twin and sat up on the bed.

"Will you listen to me?" I said not hiding the irritation in my voice.

She stopped pacing and eyed me before sighing and sitting on the bed. I sighed in relief. Having a twin can be a headache sometimes.

"Listen, Sarina. Mr. Rodriguez has heart problems and if I call off this wedding by telling Xavier everything, then he might lose his life. And I can't do that!" I said placing my head in my hands.

I glanced at Sarina. Shock plastered onto her face and her jaw dropped. I rolled my eyes and rubbed my forehead with my thumb and index finger. This was my reaction too, but hey, I'm trying to get over it. I might be just twenty-one, but I know how it feels like to be alone. Maybe Mr. Rodriguez is doing all this so that Xavier doesn't get alone when he's gone. Because I remember when he told me that Xavier never actually looked at a woman in such a way. It has always been business for Xavier. He never had time for himself. I know. My heart broke when I heard all that and I couldn't believe that I had rejected such a man. But then again, I don't like him.

"Now that's a complicated life." Sarina muttered.

I glared at my twin but let out a chuckle anyways. "You got that right." I said. "Hey, you talked to the best man already?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Yeah, I met him yesterday after we had that weird pillow fight. He is so hot!" she said dreamy.

I shook my head and laughed. Sarina glared at me and threw a box of paperclips on me. I rubbed my head where she threw the box on me as I groaned.

"Did you really do that?" I asked annoyed.

"No fucking shit, Sherlock!" she said sarcastically and rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Fuck you." I cursed. She giggled and shot me a skeptical look.

"No, that would be just gross." she commented.

I grimaced as I pictured it happening. I don't think I'll be able to get that image out of my head soon. My twin is gross. I faked a shudder and she laughed.

Well, talk about twins...

---

"Twin, where are you? I have to go now!" Sarina yelled.

I rolled my eyes and turned off the shower. Sarina is deaf. You really aren't going to ask me where I am when the shower is running, right? I sighed and wrapped the towel around myself as I looked at myself in the mirror.

I brushed my teeth and put on my clothes. "Ugh, where are you!? I need your help with something!" she shouted again.

I rolled my eyes once again and walked out of the bathroom. Sarina was holding two white dresses that are supposed to be hers, I assume. I walked over to her and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Why do you need my help?" I sighed.

She glanced at me and grinned. "I need you to choose me one of these dresses. And I also want you to choose what color your bouquet should be." she said.