twelve.

This gotta be how bruh felt in Love & Basketball
A game to ten, one point to win, ready to risk it all
Risk it all for what? Risk it all for who?
Risk it all for us, I risk it all for you, and these...
| Deante' Hitchcock - Feelings

"It's Crystal, isn't it? Little young, but I guess we all gotta start somewhere

"It's Crystal, isn't it? Little young, but I guess we all gotta start somewhere."

The words came out of Nyla's mouth with a smug smirk curled at her lips. The words she spoke cut through the air sharply, making the room fall silent. Despite the loud music blasting and some people holding conversations between one another, within the group it was almost like you could hear a pin drop.

Remi was frozen for a few seconds as those words bounced around in her head. Truth be told, she didn't know what to believe when those words had left Nyla's mouth. As much as she tried to protect Crystal, and teach her right from wrong, the two had spoke so sporadically, Crystal could have been doing anything without Remi knowing.

Remi barely spoke of Crystal in the club, so she was beyond confused as to how Nyla would know that Crystal was her younger sister. Nothing was making sense in Remi's mind, but the more she stood there the more it burned in her chest that she wanted to kill Nyla where she stood for speaking on her blood.

As Remi lunged towards her, she could feel Omari's hands pick her up as she kicked and screamed, throwing her fists, "I'll kill you, you fuckin' bitch! I swear on everything I love, I'll fuckin' kill you!"

While Omari carried a kicking and screaming Remi outside of the club, Royce had flew across the bar without a second thought. With ease, she pounced on top of Nyla and began to hit her like she was a grown man. Jeremiah didn't intervene this time because Royce had said earlier if any of them tried something again, she'd be throwing haymakers. He wasn't sure who Crystal was exactly, but for Remi to be that mad and for Royce to be beating the breaks off of the girl it must have been well deserved.

When Royce saw that Omari had grabbed onto Remi, she took it upon herself to give Nyla the ass whooping she deserved. Remi's family, was Royce's family—meaning she viewed Crystal as a little sister of her own. Royce didn't mind making her last week turn into her last day if it meant she got to beat Nyla bloody for disrespecting her best friend.