(154) Master protects The Little Consort

Only now did Chu Qing-Yan discover that she couldn't hold back her body's natural response and was now like a child clinging on to Big Block of Ice's arms. Sometimes, she suspected that maybe she really had adapted to this ten year old body's nature, otherwise why would she throw herself into Big Block of Ice's body, full of impatience and without shame?

Conscious of this point, Chu Qing-Yan's face turned red. She jumped out of Big Block of Ice's hug, pointed at the several people on the side and rolled her eyes. "You several peeping toms!"

"Little consort, we guarantee we really didn't see anything!" Fire Spirit said, smiling like a thief.

Wood Spirit, Earth Spirit and Air Spirit all agreed in succession.

Chu Qing-Yan was really annoyed.

Xiao Xu lifted a hand to pat the little guy's head that was burning with anger from shame. He lightly reprimanded the subordinates to say. "Enough, stop playing around."

The four spirits looked at each other, see, master is once again protecting the little consort!

However they were full of tactful understanding, they stood in a row and changed the careless expressions from just now. They bent their waist in a solemn bow. "Respectfully welcoming master's return to the manor."

Xiao Xu's appearance softened, where the little guy by his side held his hand, the frigid chill from the depth of the palace was slowly dispersing.

"Grandpa Emperor is inside the manor, do you want to go see him?" Chu Qing-Yan raised her head to ask.

"En." Xiao Xu understood, if it wasn't for grandpa Emperor who personally stepped in, afraid this punishment in prison would have been indefinite. His expression darkened slightly, only it was covered by the mask so no one discovered it.

And Chu Qing-Yan only felt that Big Block of Ice's hand seemed to become colder all of a sudden, so she tightened her grip on his hand, wanting to give him her warmth.

However when they returned to the dining room, besides a table with pastry crumbs and empty dishes, they didn't see anything else. Chu Qing-Yan couldn't help but ask Huang Yi who was cleaning up. "Where is the Retired Emperor?"

"Went to a side courtyard with Eldest Master Chu saying he wants to compete to see who would shoot the furthest using a slingshot." Because her family's Highness returned, Huang Yi's tone carried traces of excitement and elation.

Chu Qing-Yan placed a hand over her forehead, this two old urchins. The two added together should be close to one hundred years old right? And they still hop around everywhere!

She only heard Big Block of Ice say. "Grandpa's temperament has always been unruly, just let him do as he pleases."

Chu Qing-Yan immediately nodded. "I already instructed Hong Yi to prepare hot water. Quickly go and wash away the bad luck! Tonight, I'll host a welcome dinner to wash away the dust!"

Xiao Xu never expected after a short several days of not seeing each other, she could already take charge of matters in the manor. Just now, from the housekeeper's tone to her as well as the servants that were methodically arranged when he wasn't here these several days, it could be seen that her position in the manor had slowly become firm. He was still slightly astonished at her growth.

But after thinking about it again, his people had always been stronger than ordinary people.

As a result, he didn't say much more and turned around to go take a bath.

He bathed and changed into a new set of clothing. When he came out, he saw the little guy holding quilts about to go out the door. He frowned slightly. "Come over here."