Chapter 11: Eavesdropper

Last time
Elaine looked back down at Seraphina and asked."So what did you want him to say?" John knew how this could be his opportunity to find out what she wanted from him. So he continued listening. "Seraphina, do you... y'know.. like him?"

Story:
Narrator's POV
Seraphina was quiet for a bit. But after a couple seconds she replied."I...I love him."
Seraphina was still looking down into her arms while Elaine was a bit surprised. She would have never thought the former queen and now ace of Wellston would say something like that.

John was still sitting next to the door with his back on the wall. His heart was beating very loudly while John held his breath for a bit. Ok John, breathe in- and out, in- and out.
After John got it together he continued listening and was thinking how he should make up with Seraphina.

"Don't worry Seraphina, I'm sure he feels that way too." Elaine tried to cheer her up which seemed to work but also not."Yeah I hope so... Anyway it's late already I'll go in my room if there's nothing else you want to talk about."
"Yeah sure-" Elaine stopped. She remembered John was still in Seraphina's room.

"H-Hey, umm how about we cook something for Diner?" Elaine tried her best to come up with something but this was the best she came up with."Nah, I'm not that hungry right now. If you want you can eat without me."
Elaine's plan didn't work at all. Seraphina made her way to her bedroom.

Oh crap, she's coming what do I do. John thought about a place he could hide.

Seraphina opened the door. Her lights were off and nobody was there. Everything seemed normal on the outside but-.
Luckily I found a place to hide. John tgought to himself while in Seraphina's closet.

Seraphina walked in without turning on the light because she wanted to get dressed and rest for a bit before making diner. Seraphina took off her clothes(except punderwear to clarify) and was looking for her clothes(she was wearing a uniform before). I thought I left it here somewhere ... . She couldn't find it so she tried looking in the closet.

Seraphina walked to her closet and slide the door open. Seraphina looked a bit shocked but also confused and worried about if he heard their conversation. John on the other hand. He was bright read and covered his eyes so he couldn't see Seraphina while looking to his left.

"John? What are you doing here. And did you hear me talking to Elaine?" Seraphina was so worried about him eavesdropping that she forgot something important. John was still looking away with his hands covering his view."U-Umm S-Sera, I think you might be forgetting something." John muttered these words as quickly as he could.

Seraphina thought for a bit and realized she was in her underwear. She turned a bit pink but just grabbed her casual attire and closed the slide doors. She quickly changed clothes and muttered a bit."Y-You can come out now."

John slid the door open and came out. Sera was staring him down. I'm dead." Umm, h-hi Sera." John just wanted to sink into the ground and disappear forever. "Hello John, so you mind explaining yourself?"

John knew he was in deep trouble. "John come with me." Seraphina walked to the living room where Elaine was eating some chips. John followed her."Elaine do you know why John was in my room?" Elaine looked up and immediately turned pale.

Time skip
So John and Elaine has to explain themselves. After they were done explaining this happened.

"So Elaine why did you let John in?"
"Um, because you were coming up the stairs and he just ran into your room."

"Then John why did you go inside my room?"
"Because I wanted to listen to your conversation and went into the closest room."

"Um, Seraphina mind if I ask but how did you find John and why was he so red?"
John and Seraphina looked at each other and turned slightly pink."H-He his in my closet"
"Then why are you two blushing?" Elaine was teasing them a bit but she could about figure out what happened since Seraphina already changed her clothes.

"Nothing particularly exciting happened." Seraphina said while turning away to avoid eye contact with Elaine. Elaine knew she was lying because she knows Seraphina always avoids eye contact when lying.

"So are you done questioning us?"
"Yeah for now I guess."
"Great I'll go in my room and do homework, since we skipped school today we'll have to catch up."

Elaine was lying. She wanted them to be alone to have a talk. In reality she was also going to eavesdrop.

Elaine walked into her room and left a crack so she could hear and see them a little.

Seraphina sag down next to John on the couch and asked."Sooo... how much did you hear."
"Most of it." John blushed a bit to admit he heard her say she liked him.
"Then how do you feel, I mean about us?"

Another cliff hanger! Isn't it great?
Anyway in this chapter I added in the scene where Seraphina is only wearing underwear. Now I want to know. Is that scene considered Mature? I deemed this story Mature for now just in case it was. But I want to know if it is or not.
Please comment your opinion.