Chapter twenty: A surprise

As Lillian was walking around the waiting room, Neal and Peter both looked up to see her flinching when she heard Mary groan in pain again.

"Lillian, how is she?" Regina asked as she walked into the waiting room, putting a hand on her shoulder in order to comfort her.

"Well, no surprise she's in pain." She winced when Mary Margret cried out yet again

"Any sign of Zelena?" Regina asked warily and Lily shook her head once, gripping Peter's arm tightly when it wrapped against her waist.

"Not yet." Neal replied, looking at Emma who cradled Henry close to her. Neal smiled as Henry ripped himself apart from his mother and walked into his father's arms.

"Well," she removed her coat, tossing it over the back of the nearest chair as Emma approached us, looking completely frazzled. "Just in time, we'll need your help with this, Lillian."

Lillian nodded, pulling away from Peter's embrace to raise her hands, summoning her shimmering gold magic and combining it with Regina and Emma's to cast a protection spell. The shimmering, clear shield slowly began to spread through the halls of the hospital and Lillian smiled at the stunned expression on Peter's face.

"You really think this protection spell will be enough to hold her off?" Emma asked dryly, lowering her hands as the spell shimmered and turned invisible.

"Well," Regina sighed, turning around and walking towards them. "That depends if your brand of magic is stronger than hers."

''Which, if it is, no one capable of dark magic should be able to get in here." Lillian added, sighing deeply as Peter hugged her around the waist, uncertainty come off him in waves. "So, Regina, Peter and myself probably shouldn't leave her if we want to get back in."

"That doesn't sound like a vote of confidence." Emma pointed out and Lillian shared a look with Regina.

"It isn't." She admitted. "But, we're out of options." She walked back through the doors, Peter and Lillian at her heels, and Lily clenched her teeth together tightly when another wave of Mary's agony hit her hard. Peter inhaled sharply, gently tugging her to the nearest bed and lifted her up onto it as she clenched at her head.

"Lillian." She nearly cried from relief when she looked up to see David beckoning her from the door, Emma and Hook hovering behind him. "We need you."

"Thank God." She muttered before she all but ran from the room, heaving a deep sigh of relief when the door shut, taking most of Mary's pain along with it. "I was about to lose it."

"Empathy giving you trouble again?" David asked, placing a hand on her shoulder as his brows drew together with worry. She nodded with a grimace, not surprised to see that Peter had followed her out of the door, his eyes fixed beyond her shoulder. She turned, smiling faintly at the sight of Luca and Darren before they nodded at Peter and Lily and headed into the room, clearly here to help guard Mary.

"What's up?" Lily asked, reaching up to grip Peter's hands when they rested on her shoulders, squeezing them tightly as he moved closer and rested his chin on the top of her head.

"I want you to go help Hook and Emma." Lillian blinked once, then again when the expression on his face didn't change and looked towards the two to see them staring at the man in shock.

"I'm sorry, you want what?" He blinked nervously at the tone of her voice, refusing to make eye-contact, which only served to make her angrier.

"I want you to go with Emma and Hook to try and find Zelena." He explained shortly, clearly wary of Lillian for the first time in a while and she rolled my eyes at his behavior, as she wasn't going to rip his head off.