#13 Unexpected

This is the big day - the final match and it will decide who win the Championship Cup! Thomas, Anthony and James are in the team and Emily and her friends will be coming to the match to support them. The match holds in Emily's school's wide field and there are a lot of people coming to it. Andrew cannot come to the match due to his work, but Sarah, Elizabeth, Sam and Grace are here to support Thomas. Unfortunately, William cannot come also because of his class and Stephen... Emily does not know if he is busy with his work as a doctor or not.

   "Do you want some snacks, Emily?" Katherine offers a packet of potato crisps to Emily.

   "Yes, please. I'm peckish". Katherine gives the packet and Emily rips it off carefully. She takes a piece and eats it slowly while taking a look around. "Where's Harry?" Emily asks Katherine who is clapping her hands after the referee blew the whistle as a sign that the match has begun.

   "He is with his other friends. Over there!" Katherine points at a group of boys at her left. Emily nods and stares at Harry. Harry knew the story about Emily's abusive mother. Emily had to tell him after the incident in the Music Room because he is also her best friend. He was a bit disappointed because A, Emily's mother is lack of love and sympathy towards her own daughter and B, Emily didn't tell him about her mother earlier. After that, he just stayed quiet and didn't talk or ask much about Emily's mother.

   Then, a beep from Emily's phone turns her to reality. She looks at it and realises that she got a message from Stephen. It says, 'Look behind you'. Emily turns her body around and sees Stephen with Sarah, Elizabeth, Sam and Grace. The five of them are sitting on a row of seats that are located four rows from Emily's. They wave at her and she waves at them back.

   "Go, Thomas! Go!" Katherine cheers and Emily quickly looks front. Emily sees Thomas running with a ball in front of him, getting ready to score a goal, but a defender blocks the ball and gets possession of it. "No!" Emily and Katherine groan in upset.

   "Wait. What position does Thomas play?" Katherine asks Emily. Emily looks up to the sky to think.

   "He's a midfielder. Attacking midfielder," Emily clicks her fingers. Thomas told her three days ago.

   "Attacking midfielder? Does he attack the other midfielders?" Katherine asks again. Emily laughs at Katherine while holding her stomach. Emily thinks that Katherine was being sarcastic, but after seeing her confused face, Emily stops laughing and clears her throat.

   "Kate, attacking midfielders don't attack the other midfielders. This is not rugby!" Emily pats Katherine's shoulder and laughs a bit.

   "Then, what do they do?" Katherine asks, still with her confused face.

   "I think they run to the front to score goals or to help the strikers to...score goals," Emily replies slowly, feeling unsure of her answer.

   "What is 'striker'?" Katherine rubs her head while tilting it to the side. Emily slaps her forehead and shakes her head.

   "You should google it," Emily shrugs.

   "What about Anthony and James? What position do they play?"

   "Thomas told me that Anthony is a defender meanwhile James is a striker," Emily looks up to the sky and nods.

   "Woo ~ Striker!" Katherine wiggles her eyebrows at Emily.

   "What?" Emily turns away from Katherine and focuses on the game.

   "James, the striker, strikes Emily with his love and she was already struck by him," Katherine talks.