Founder's Day

"Why do I have to wear this again?" I asked in annoyance as Elena put me in an olden day dress. I looked at myself in the mirror, sighing at how much poof there was to it.

"Because it's the Founder's Day parade and we're Gilberts." Elena pointed out sarcastically, making me roll my eyes back at her.

"Yes, but you're the only Gilbert getting on a float." I countered sarcastically and she nodded.

"I know. But that doesn't mean I want to be the only one who dresses up." Elena replied with a smirk before she fixed my hair and turned me towards her. "Perfect." She added, smiling at me with excitement and I rolled my eyes before looking back at mirror again.

"Thank god this dress is purple.. I would look like a peach if I worse yours." I sighed in relief but heard her scoff, making me chuckle at her. "God, but it hurts to breath, huh?" I asked, rolling my eyes and turning back to her.

"Suck it up, baby." Elena replied, smiling at me in amusement and I rolled my eyes.

"Ha, ha, ha." I scoffed, breathing heavily. We both turned to look in the mirror to make sure we weren't missing any last minute touches.  "Shall we?" I asked and raised an eyebrow at her before we joined arms and walked out of my room before into the hall.

"Hey. Can I ask you something?" Elena asked from beside me and I rose an eyebrow at her as we stood in front of the stairs. "What.. What do you think Isobel meant when was talking about all that stuff about your mother?" Elena asked and I took a deep breath, looking away from her.

"I honestly have no idea." I stated and she furrowed her eyebrows. "Can we just forget about it. Come on, today is supposed to be fun." I chuckled and Elena stared at me for a few seconds before nodding in agreement.
~~~

Elena and I walked outside of our high school as people were starting to gather up for the parade. We walked around and looked at all of the floats that were gathered and I sighed as the people from the marching band were practicing out of key. "This looks more like hell than a marching band." I stated skeptically, making Elena roll her eyes at me. I looked around us again before my eyes fell on Damon's, who stood with Stefan across from us. I nudged Elena and gestured over at the brothers before she smiled at Stefan once he noticed us also. Elena and I walked over to them but Damon walked away without a word and I rose an eyebrow, but chose to ignore it.

"I, uh.. I need to tell you something." Stefan stated in a serious tone. "Damon thinks that your Uncle John.. Might not be your uncle." He informed as he eyed Elena and I furrowed my eyebrows at him before I realized what he meant.

"John? Is that even possible?" Elena asked in confusion as she realized what Stefan was getting at also.

"Well, there's no proof, but he dated Isobel as a teenager, and he was the one who brought her to your dad's office for the delivery." Stefan replied, practically checking off the list of coincidences.

"My whole life, I've never liked this man. I-I—" Elena started, running a hand over her forehead in frustration at the mere possibility.

"I'm sorry." Stefan replied with a sigh as well as he stuffed his hands into his suit pockets. "I just wanted to tell you before Damon dropped it on you in some typically inappropriate way." He added and I slowly nodded, thinking of him.

"No, I'm—I'm happy that you told me. I just.. I really hope that it's not true." Elena stated reassuringly as she shook her head before looking at me. "What do we do? Do we just confront him and ask 'are you our biological father?'" Elena asked in annoyance and I shrugged at her.

"You should do it when you're both ready to learn the truth." Stefan replied reassuringly and I looked at him and remained silent.

"I'm never going to be ready. Stefan, we have enough problems with the family that we actually care about. Jeremy hates us and why wouldn't he? Elena's journal gave him every single reason to." I stated, scoffing in both annoyance and disappointment.