Moving to Korea

Izuku's POV

Today's the day that I'm graduating from elementary school. I stood by Aika and got my awards. Mother came today, but she didn't look good. We left the school early, going back home.

"I'm sorry." Mother mumbled, giving Aika and I a small smile. It didn't look like a smile of happiness but sadness and regret.

"It's okay, Mother." Aika said. I held Mother's hand.

"Mother, you'll be okay." I said, giving her a little squeeze.

"Yes, I will be-" Mother never got to finish her sentence, because she suddenly started vomiting blood. I quickly called the ambulance and Aika was helping Mother.

Mother fainted by the time the ambulance arrived. We were rushed to the hospital and Aika and I waited for more than 3 hours in the waiting room. The nurse came out, a grim look on his face. Just by seeing his expression, I knew that Mother didn't make it.

"I'm sorry, little ones." The doctor said, coming up beside the nurse.

"Your mother...She didn't make it." The nurse finished the doctor's sentence. Aika nodded, but I stood still, unable to take in the truth. My eyes burned as tears welled up, falling down my cheeks.

"I-Izu...Mother's gone." Aika collapsed. I stayed still, unwilling to let Mother go. Not a second time. Not again.

"S-She's not gone, right? Aika, please...Tell me she's not gone!" I screamed. I cried with Aika and the doctor got Aika's uncle to pick us up. "S-She's...gone."

"Aika...Who's that? What happened?" Aika's uncle said when he got here.

"He's Izuku Mi...No...He's Izuku Shimizu, my adoptive brother." Aika said. "Mother...M-Mother died!"

"Akari...d-died?" Aika's uncle stuttered. "A-Aika...y-you're joking, r-right?"

"No, she's not lying..." The doctor said. "Please, take these children with you. I'm afraid they don't have a guardian anymore."

Aika's uncle nodded and brought us to his car. We got on his car, the whole ride was quiet. It took around 15 minutes to get back to our house, but half way there, it started pouring. I looked outside the window and couldn't help feel like the sky knew my feelings.

"Aika and Izuku...Come on." Aika'a uncle said, opening the door. He was holding an umbrella. We went into our house. (Aika had the keys.)

When we were in the house, I introduced myself. We had a little conversation, Aika giving us alone time, which was pretty awkward. His name was Daiki Suzuki. Uncle Suzuki was pretty nice. He wasn't married, he was a good cook, and his quirk was pretty fascinating.

I wrote his quirk in my notebook, not missing a detail. We had dinner which Uncle cooked for us. Aika and I ate and went upstairs, the usual cheerfulness was not found in Aika's eyes. Neither in mine.

THREE DAYS LATER

The funeral was held today. I wore a black suit with a white dress shirt. Aika wore a black dress coming to the knees. Uncle Suzuki picked us up and we rode in silence. When we got to the funeral, not many people were seen.

Only Uncle Suzuki, Aika, two women, another man, and I were there. Later on I learned that the man was Aika's grandfather and one of the women was Aika's grandmother. The other woman was Mother's friend.

I cried harder than before, remembering all the kind things Mother has done for me. Aika cried too, we comforted each other, the other family members were also crying.

We went home after the funeral, Uncle Suzuki helped us pack our stuff for our trip to Korea. I packed my most important belongings, which I didn't have much, into a small, blue suitcase. I helped Aika pack her stuff.

Uncle Suzuki drove us to the airport and helped us we find the plane. We waved good bye at him, watching him leave. Few moments later, we boarded the plane. I sighed, handing Aika a blanket. I helped her put our suitcases away and got seated.

I sat next to the window, while Aika slept next to me. It was a two-seated row, so there was nobody sitting next to Aika. I closed my eyes, feeling very tired because of what happened the past few days.

Time Skip

I woke up, opening my eyes to see Aika shaking me. She looked very excited. I yawned and rubbed my eyes, trying to process what was going on.

"Izu! We landed! We're at Korea!" Aika giggled wildly. I, also, got excited and then when we were told to get our stuff, I got our suitcases.

We got off the plane in a few moments, being greeted by cold air of the airport. The airport was like the airport at Japan, just most of the people were Korean. We looked around, trying to find the secretary that we had met before. He had told us that he would pick us up once we landed.

"Miss and Mister Shimizu." We heard a voice from behind us. (They are talking in Japanese.) We turned around and saw two men. One was the secretary and the other, I assumed to be the President of JYP Entertainment. "Nice to meet you, again."

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Yang and..." I trailed off, looking at the unfamiliar man.

"Park Jin Young. Call me Mr. Park." The man said, smiling at us. We smiled back. "Would you like to come with us to the agency or would you like to see your new home first?"

"...We would like to go see our home first." Aika mumbled. I nodded, pointing to our suitcases and the men nodded in agreement.

"Then, we will meet you tomorrow morning." Mr. Yang said, giving us a small, reassuring smile. We smiled back, getting information about our new home. "It's quite close to your new school, which we had signed you guys into. Don't worry about everything else."

We got the address and Mr. Park gave us the keys for our house. We watched them leave, tired from all the moving. I noticed that Aika was looking very sleepy so I carried her on my back, while dragging the suitcases. Since my suitcase wasn't big, I stacked it onto Aika's suitcase and dragged it to the house.

Soon, we arrived at the house and I opened it with the keys. The house was pretty big for two people to live in. There was a second floor, which had two bedrooms and a bathroom. The first floor was where the kitchen and the living room was. There was one restroom on the first floor and I dropped Aika on the sofa.

The furniture was already in the house so we didn't have to worry about the furniture. I looked back to Aika and she was already asleep. I sighed and carried her upstairs, looking at the rooms, thinking about which room she would like better.

One room was pastel colored, the type of colors that Aika loved the most. The bedsheet was pastel pink, the wall papers and flooring was pastel purple. The pillows were pastel blue, the curtains were pastel pink with light blue lines decorating it. I placed Aika gently on the soft bed, going to see the other room.

The other room was mostly blue and green. The wallpaper was turquoise, the bedsheet was blue. The pillows was white, the flooring was grey, and the curtains were white and blue striped. I arranged the clothes from the suitcase into the closet, changing into comfortable clothes in the process. I brushed my teeth and flopped onto the bed, instantly falling into a deep sleep.